Re: Text messages not working between galaxy s4 and IPhone 4
Hazel_Eyes_4_U
Contributor - Level 2

Did you try unregistered your Iphone? It'll take about 30 days before Apple recognizes that you're no longer an Iphone user.

sbash
Enthusiast - Level 2

this is ridiculous. I unregistered my iphone over a month ago. I still can't receive texts from iphone users.

mrwinston
Enthusiast - Level 1

I run a call center Jonathan,

if you ever game one of my customers that answer I would fire you. What a bunch of BS. The customer tells you the problem, you fix it and let them know when it is fixed to their satisfaction. End of story, go figure it out, any information you require from the customer you or someone at your organization has access to, customer should not have to participate beyond indicating problem existence.

Do your job. Get it done, Fix their phones.

To all with this problem. I had the same issue with my girlfriends phone, android/iphone issue, both on verizon wireless service. it took days of arguing and listening to "it must be an iphone issue, call apple" or "it must be an android issue, call google" or "your girlfriend is lying to you" eventually, went to store with both phones demonstrated problem and demanded assistance. they finally solved the problem.

Guess what, it was a Verizon problem the whole time, glitch in the system, no big deal, stuff happens, just dont tell the customer its not your problem.

everyone, verizon can fix this problem, even if its not their technology causing it. seriously you think they designed and built this network and dont know how to resolve technical issues!!!!!! come on Jonathan, grow up.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get this resolved sbash! Please ask the sender of the message to try below options....
1. Log into iCloud and remove my old iPhone from my profile.
2. Reset the password on my apple ID so that any other ios device that used "my profile" would be forced to re-sync.
3. Remove the phone from my support profile, log in and remove the phone.
Go to your support profile, remove the iphone: http://bit.ly/17RD5sY
Also, go into your iTunes account and remove the iMessage settings from your phone number. On the iOS device, go to Settings>Messages>and click the Send as SMS button ON (make the button green). Ensure you have turned off iMessage on your old iPhone and erased the entire text thread between you and your contact you can't receive from. Have your contact erase their entire text thread from you as well, power off/on both phones and test. If you no longer have your iPhone to do so you will need to contact Apple Support. Please keep me posted. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
savvyinmyoldage

Download the app: backup assistant. Go onto your Verizon wireless acct...and click on manage my contacts. there is a red box that says "SYNC"....click on it and wait for it to sync..... this is a quick fix and all your contacts will be able to reach you now.

0 Likes
JLip1122
Enthusiast - Level 1

By any chance did you ever resolve your issue? I have the same problem right now where some iPhone users can not send me text messages. I appreciate any help!

0 Likes
MalteseMan
Enthusiast - Level 1

Progress so far:

Unregistered device via website, still not working.

Waited a week, still not working.

Called Apple Customer Support, 1-800-275-2273. The automated system wanted me to purchase a service ticket for $20. I repeated "unregister iPhone," which of course is not an option and confused the automated system. After about 5 iterations, the automated system put my through to a representative. The Apple representative ask what I needed; I told him I need to confirm iPhone is unregistered. He checked and said it was NOT unregistered, even though I did it online and is completely gone when viewing online. He proceeded to unregister my old phone from the back-end. He said give it 24 hours. He did not ask for any payment or anything like that.

After 24 hours, still not working. I called Apple again. Repeated some nonsense to the automated system until it forwarded me to a live person. This time the representative seemed more eager to have me purchase a service ticket. I explained my situation and of course she could not even begin to answer my questions. So a senior supervisor spoke to me. He confirmed that my device was unregistered but that it might take more like 30 days before new iPhone users see that I don't have an iPhone. The real problem, however, is with existing iPhone users that have my phone in their device. He said ultimately each iPhone user that had me stored as an iPhone would have to delete text conversation, delete contact, and then it should work but not guaranteed. He offered his direction contact info so that I can have each and every individual who is having problems contact him and he could resolve it, phone by phone. And by the way, this most abysmal solution was also free of charge.

So practically speaking, it seems that you must at least call once to confirm that your unregistered. Then have all your most common iPhone contacts hold down the Message button and send as SMS. This seems to stay as default. As for everyone else who might contact you or the hundreds of other let frequent contacts, this really isn't a solution at all.

The only workable solution is to disable iMessages beforehand...well that's great now that I've disconnected and turned in my iPhone!!!

MarkJ-VA

I unregistered my old iPhone and was receiving texts from some iOS users, but not all.  The fix for the others was to tell them to go into "Settings|Messaging" and select "Send as SMS", which uses SMS if iMessage fails.  If you ask me, that should be the default, but it is not.  That fixed the problem.

Just an FYI, this problem is only for SMS--that is why group messages or messages with pictures are still received fine (for those of you that are receiving them)--they are not going through iMessage (and therefore failing).

HTH and Happy Holidays.

Mark

0 Likes
jfetzer4
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have tried all of the suggestions included in this thread, and nothing worked.  When I unregistered my iPhone 4, I was able to receive texts from all contacts including iPhone users for a couple of weeks.  And then a few days ago it stopped.  I have talked both to Verizon Support and Apple Support multiple times.  I have changed my Apple ID and password.  I have deleted my iCloud account.  I have synced my Contacts using Backup Assistant.

Nothing works!  This is an outrage to say the least.  My iPhone was traded in so I have no access to it.  Why weren't we warned?

Someone needs to be held accountable and resolve this.  I have no idea what messages I am not receiving.

davei
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have to say - you are getting a run around. My wife and i have the same issue with texts from some of our friends with iPhones. We are both on android and have never had iphones. This run around about switching from an iphone to android is crap. The culprit is the iphone users using imessage and including imessage emoticons.

The answer is obvious and the simplest explanation. This is an apple issue with the users using imessage - not an issue with your phone. SMS is a standard that imessage is not adhering to (typical apple move). The issue is only with iphone users using imessage and including the imessage emoticons (i have a few iphone friends who are obsessed with these). If apple did not screw around with the standard and try to use their proprietary messaging system to send sms there would be no issue.   Of note - there does not seem to be an issue using hangouts To send sms from android to iphone (although i don't use emoticons) .   Google seems to be able to do it with out screwing up the sms standard.