Re: Text Messages fail to send when connected to WiFi
jbakaj2000
Enthusiast - Level 1

I started having the same issue with a new Samsung A20 earlier this week, granted I've only had the phone for a week and a half.  I noticed that it only happens at work, which has a relatively old router and a internet which is slow and spotty.  Long story short, today I turned off WiFi calling and with the WiFi turned on, I am able to text with no isses...yet.  So if you're still having issues with texting with your WiFi on, try disabling the WiFi Calling feature.  Could be the older WiFI equipment can't handle the information or the WiFi calling is interferring with the texting service.  Hope this helps!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that you are able to utilize Wi-Fi Calling successfully, saint1000. It is strange that the work network is causing an issues with text messages failing to send. Let's review what is happening. Is your device currently on the most up to date software? Have you had issues with sending and receiving messages while at work in the past, or just at home? 

MarshallP_VZW

0 Likes
josephj42
Enthusiast - Level 1

Brand new (3 day) Galaxy S10+ user. First day back at work and couldn't send messages over wifi. Switched back to stock app (not happy), turned off wifi calling and restarted. It worked once and now isn't working at all. I have to turn wifi off to send a message. The phone is fully up to date and I did not have these issues at home prior to today. 

This is why I don't upgrade devices often...I get them working and I keep them until they're literally falling apart.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is never good to hear you are having issues sending messages while on Wi-Fi, jospehj42. Let's work together to get to the bottom of this. Does this only happen at work? What happens when you try to send a message? Are you having any issues using data while connected to Wi-Fi?

DerekR_VZW

0 Likes
Dantran1010
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same  exact problem. works fine most places, does not work at my office for Wi-Fi calling and or texting. Other useres with Iphones with Verizon are fine and other useres with Note 10+ on other carriers have no issues. Has there been any response or fix to this nighmare?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is concerning to see that you are having issues with your text messages while connected to Wi-Fi. Gladly we can assist in any way we can. Does this happen when the Wi-Fi is turned off? Are any other services being impacted? What is the make and model of your device? GeorginaG_VZW

0 Likes

Swap you router with your mother in-laws router and see if the problem follows the router.

0 Likes
negru08
Enthusiast - Level 1

So I am also having this issue. When I connect to my work WiFi my texts only send 20% of the time if I am lucky. I do not have this issue at home. My phone is always up to date and signal is always strong. Apparently verizon does not care to fix this issue as I have seen numerous posts about this from so many people and I see the same garbage questions that honestly would never resolve the issue.

I recommend you leave verizion folks. My mother is on US Cellular and her texts where everywhere on every wifi. Even my works. 

Verizion stop with the psuedu caring about the situiation. If you cared you would actually do something instead of just asking and stating the same dirt over and over. I will be leaving verizion. 

somethingnew
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is there any update on this issue?  I have not had any problems until my most resent job change (Dec 1st) from day one at my new job I have been having problems sending SMS from work WiFi. It is intermittent but when it starts happening every bew message and resend attempts all fail until they just start working again.

Thank you

0 Likes
strakerc
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had this issue with my old job, and now with my new one as well. Turning off wifi at work fixes the solution. I've now had this issue for at least 2+ consecutive years with two different large tech employers. Verizon doesn't care, and their tech support isn't trained to help. It likely has to do with some security issue with work wifi setups, as I don't have this issue with home wifi.