Re: Text Messages fail to send when connected to WiFi
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jozefrs, I appreciate the information provided. Are other non-Galaxy Fold users able to send messages over Wi-Fi where you are located? Are other services impacted (calls or text)? Is this issue happening indoors? - AlbertoR_VZW 

0 Likes
meckmann
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can confirm this fixed the issue for me. Note 10 + 5g. Disabled wifi calling, restarted the device, enabled wifi first thing, sent a text message through the built in messages app like always. It went through with no issues.

Thanks, 

Miles

0 Likes
mjk036
Enthusiast - Level 1

Worked for my Note 10+...just a pain to have to remember to enable wifi calling when I am not at work.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for those important details. Please tell us, what messaging app are you using? Also, is your device in Airplane Mode while being connected to Wi-Fi?

GeovannJ_VZW

0 Likes
bigbore1

Same problem - since Sept 4th, when I replaced a  DSL router.  No texts and no wifi calling...however go next door to mother-in-law, connect to her wifi and it works.  This happens on all phones in our house.  The routers are the same with the same settings, and same ISP just different versions.  The ISP and router manufacturer won't help me.  I live where there is no cell service.  Please find a fix!

0 Likes
bigbore1

Just posted and see that my email is incorrect.  Tried to change it but Verizon is texting an authorization code, which I cannot receive.  LOL

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bigbore1

We never want you to miss any of your messages. I personally keep in touch with everyone through messaging myself, so I understand the importance of getting this problem fixed right away. What is the make and model of the phone you have? Have you tried disabling Wi-Fi calling and then restarting your phone afterward? What messaging app are you using?

EdwardL_VZW

0 Likes
troutwolf
Enthusiast - Level 1

0 Likes
LJBREY

I had this same issue right after the recent update AND enabling wi-fi calling. This morning I applied the fix - disabled wi-fi calling and restarted. Worked like a charm.

Makes wi-fi calling capability more manual than I'd like but a great solution!

Galaxy S7, updated, occured at all wifi locations, problem started just in the past few weeks. Solved.

0 Likes
saint1000
Enthusiast - Level 1

i was having trouble at work not being able to send or recive texts or making phone calls. disabled wifi calling and rebooted and all seems to work. will find out more tomorrow. what does wifi calling have to do with sending and reciving texts. i need wifi calling at my house but i really do not want to have to turn it on and off and reboot my phone everytime i go to and from work or home