Re: Text Messages fail to send when connected to WiFi
laurenc_vzw
Verizon Employee

Thanks for those additional details, dpdavis54. The native Messages app was designed to send text messages over the cellular voice network as opposed to a data network (including WiFi). Samsung Galaxy devices will support text over WiFi without switching to an alternate data messaging app such as Message +. This is an added feature with WiFi Calling: Samsung Galaxy S7 / S7 edge - Turn Wi-Fi Calling On / Off | Verizon Wireless  . Do you currently have Advanced Calling enabled? Are you able to send messages over WiFi after turning on WiFi Calling?

LaurenC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the
Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

bearone21
Legend

how do you know it's not weak...check wi-fi & network speeds here:

Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test

Lauren11thal
Enthusiast - Level 1

I actually have the same intermittent issue when texting from work connected to wifi. Works fine if I disconnect and use the data plan. Advanced calling is turned on. Wifi signal is strong (I have 20 feet from the router, and there is plenty of bandwidth). Any suggestions?

dvguy

I have been having the same intermittent problem for 2 months. No changes to anything except updates to apps as they become available. Usually it happens to the first text of the day. Just says Sending... for 30 seconds, then the Failed message with red triangle. If I tap and hit Send again, it goes through right away. Using Messaging app on Moto Maxx Android 4.4.4.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dvguy, this is certainly odd that this only occurs with the first text message of the day. I heavily rely on sending messages as a form of communication; I am sorry to learn that you are having the trouble. How long has this been occurring? At the time this happens what is the Wi-Fi signal look like?

Lauren11thal, thank you for the details you provided; it is very helpful. How long have you been having this trouble? What make and model phone do you have and what messaging application are you using?

TionnaB_VZW

0 Likes
gratzie3

Has this been resolved. I am having the same issue. It started around the end of February. I have Galaxy S7 Edge and I am using the stock message app. It is very random when it happens. And it happens on multiple wifi connections. As soon as I turn off my wifi the message with send. Today I was able to send 2 messages when connected to wifi but then any messages after that would not send. Advanced calling is turned on. Data is turned on. This is hard to troubleshoot because it is so random and usually happens when I am on a public wifi. It hasn't happend on my home wifi or work wifi yet. Any help would be appreciated. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Gratzie3, sending messages is essential, and we want to resolve your messaging concerns promptly. Since February is too long to have been dealing with this! We appreciate the details you've provided. To better assist you, does the problem persist when using the same public Wi-Fi connection, or different public connections? Please ensure your device software is up to date: settings > system updates > check for system updates.

ChakiaH_VZW

0 Likes
mphawkeye2019
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issue. The problem started after updating the operating system to Pie.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's look into the messaging issue you are experiencing, I'm here to help. Which messaging application are you using? Does the issue occur with all Wi-Fi networks? Are you unable to send messages while connected to the Verizon Wireless Network? AyaniB_VZW

0 Likes
pnwredblue
Enthusiast - Level 1

Throughout this thread I see VZW reps responding, but they only ask more questions, and sometimes repeated questions, and no solutions are presented.  I'm going to try and answer all of the questions pre-emptively, in hopes that a solution appears...

Samsung Galaxy S10+, system checked and up to date, software updated to G975USQU2ASF6 on July 3, 2019.  No new updates available.  Using Chomp SMS.  Can send and receive texts while on my home wifi, but not on the wifi at my office.  While at my office, on wifi, receiving texts is intermittent, and all sends fail.  As soon as I turn off wifi, texts send and receive.  Advanced calling turned on.  This has been happening since I got the phone last week.  I had the same exact phone previous to that, with Xfinity Mobile, and this issue didn't occur.  The wifi signal is strong.

Tags (1)