Text Message ringtone
hckymom58

How do I set a ringtone for JUST by text messages. All I can find is one for "default notifications"

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Text Message ringtone
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

hckymom58 wrote:

Sorry I'm not very tech savvy but how do I do that. I saved it from the text I got from Verizon. (It said save attachment) but I don't even know where it saved it or how to copy it into my notifications folder

The S3 has a file explorer app. You can use it to move the ringtone from the download folder to the notifications folder. You can also connect the phone to the computer and use the computer's file explorer program to move the files.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Text Message ringtone
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

You have to open up the messaging app and do it from the settings there.

0 Likes
hckymom58

Thanks. Now my problem is I downloaded a ringtone and when I go to messaging => settings =>select  ringtones, the ringtone I downloaded is not in the list. When I set ringtones for my contacts it gave me a choice of where to find the ringtone. This setting just goes directly to its own list and its not there

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Text message notification tones are saved in the notifications folder on the internal memory for custom notification tones. You should copy your personal ringtones to that folder and then you will be to select the tones.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
hckymom58

Sorry I'm not very tech savvy but how do I do that. I saved it from the text I got from Verizon. (It said save attachment) but I don't even know where it saved it or how to copy it into my notifications folder

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

hckymom58 wrote:

The S3 has a file explorer app. You can use it to move the ringtone from the download folder to the notifications folder. You can also connect the phone to the computer and use the computer's file explorer program to move the files.

0 Likes