Text Message problems
justme57

I have not been receiving all my text messages and people have not been receiving all of mine. This has been going on for a couple of months! Help!

Then today my friend and I got a random text that neither one of us sent. It was not a link but just a normal text. What is going on?

0 Likes
Re: Text Message problems
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
justme57,

Uh oh! We definitely want to make sure that you receive your messages. That is quite some time to be happening. Any recent changes since you noticed this? New applications or updates? On average what does your signal look like? Notice this occurs in all locations or specific?

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
BethE006
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's the lovely Lollipop update that has completely SCREWED up the S5 OS.  yaaay! my com.svc "stops working" & contacts about every 5 mins. the cure: throw the piece of shit phone away.   the S5 has been a quirky nuisance from DAY 1.  #hatetheS5

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
BethE006,

We definitely want you loving your device and are here to help. The updates provided by the manufacturer are certainly intended to improve the device performance, so this is concerning. Several 3rd party applications may have adverse effects on the device and the update installation. We can place the device into Safe Mode to test this and see if these issues persist. To see how to place the device into Safe Mode click here http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-111483/. If so, we may want to reset the device to factory defaults to allow the OS update to reinstall. However, if you notice these issues are not present, that could mean there are 3rd party applications on the device that may be the cause as Safe Mode will only run essential software and applications.
0 Likes