System update killed my brand new S7 Edge!
Slinkygirl_76
Enthusiast - Level 1

Brand new S7 Edge, had it less than 2 months and already it's creased to function as a phone since the software update last week. The phone is constantly "searching for service", which drains a fully charged battery in less than 3 hours. If it can't be done over wifi then it can't be done. I get no phone calls,  can't make outgoing calls,  no voicemails, texts take hours to send/receive,  and my phone keeps restarting itself completely randomly! It's beyond maddening!!! I've endured 4 separate phone calls and hours of troubleshooting with tech support, two factory resets and a trip to the Verizon store for a new sim card and still no resolution. I'm 100% convinced it's the software update that took place the night before all this started last week,  so short of getting a "new" (i.e. reconditioned) phone or choosing something different altogether I'm at a complete loss! Beyond irritated with this [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] !!!

0 Likes
Re: System update killed my brand new S7 Edge!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's concerning to hear that you are having these issues with your device. I would like to do some further troubleshooting with you to see if we can resolve this. What steps have you performed with Tech Support?

HarleyE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes