System Update
MystySG
Enthusiast - Level 1

Today my phone updated to the newest system update. I hate it I can't stand it it looks like a dang two-year-old's phone stupid simple pictures for the buttons and apps I'm not two I am 46 I don't want a toddler's phone! Please tell me there's a way to change this garbage! I hate looking at my phone it's ugly as heck! I can't stand it I'm not a dang two-year-old please tell me this is not the way it's going to be! I called Verizon store they told me everything's going to that that's just the way it is are you kidding me I hate the look! I want the way my phone used to look catering to an adult not a dang two year old! only thing they told me at the Verizon store was you can install this but your phone gets filled up with ads with this launchers so it's not worth it. Okay I get that they cater to the new teenagers and the millennials but it's ugly as heck some of us are actual adults and want an adult phone not something my three-year-old grandson would have on his little tablet!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: System Update
Klue
Master - Level 1

Is there a question you would like to ask?

0 Likes
robinlh
Enthusiast - Level 1

My phone updated last night too...I hate it.  It does look like a kids phone,  come on verizon, you can do better than this.  I chatted with someone on line and there is NOTHING you can do. 

MystySG
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yeah how the heck do I change it back! It looks just like my grandkids cheesy toderler tablets! 

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

Once an update is installed on your phone, there is no going back to the previous version.

0 Likes
MystySG
Enthusiast - Level 1

There has got to be some way to change the appearance of these clunky Kiddush buttons and icons

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

What phone do you have and what update it you receive?

0 Likes
MystySG
Enthusiast - Level 1

It's a S8+ update G955USQU5DSDA yesterday

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/samsung-galaxy-s8-plus-update/

You can go here and learn about the last three updates (23, 24, and 25) to your phone. It looks like #24 changed the user interface to a new style. Unless you can adjust some settings internally in your phone it is what it going to be.

0 Likes
herbm
Enthusiast - Level 2

I dont see Txt messages on the Lock Screen anymore....appears notification is on... anyone know how to resolve this?

0 Likes