Re: System Update causing problems with keyboard
SAS86

Unfortunately, clearing the cache didn't fix the problem.  After clearing the cache according to the instructions, the device still changes the default keyboard to Samsung each time I touch the emoji key on the Swype keyboard, resulting in the error message that also locks the keyboard.  This only became a problem after the latest system update.

Thank you for any additional assistance that you can provide.

0 Likes
STEBOY45

Come on Verizon....the update was a flop. Almost every time I send a text, always if I use an emoji, I get the "Samsung keyboard has stopped" message. I don't even use the Samsung keyboard, never have. I go into the settings change it back to Swype, and within a few hours I get the same message, and it has switched back to Samsung Keyboard on its own. Also the Amazon app )which I never had problems with) continues to crash, message says "Amazon app has stopped". It's allover the message boards, not just a few people. Yes, I cleared the cache on both apps and restarted the phone. Today their is a new update you guys are trying to push. Is it a fix, or what? Almost ready to stop using the software updates because they never really help anything. It's becoming obvious that cellular service carriers and the phone manufacturers are in bed together. No coincidence that these phones start to work like crap after about two years, and people are frustrated into buying a new one. Easy enough for these "updates" to have some code written in that would cause the phones to start slowing down. "You qualify for an upgrade" right? How about pressing Samsung to build a better phone? Surely with the volumes Verizon (and others) move would force them to listen, right? OH, that's right, I have to sign another two year contract to get that "upgrade", how convenient.

Come on sheeple! Think about it!

0 Likes
KCover
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey, just wanted to report that the latest system update (G920VVRS4DQH1) has resolved the problem! Thanks!

0 Likes
Canoe262
Enthusiast - Level 1

Two updates ago, my Samsung galaxy s6 keyboard started to quit when I used emojis. I was advised to go to Best Buy by Verizon. Those people only wanted to sell me a new phone, all because their upgrades were faulty. I went to a Verizon store and the person loaded SwiftKey, which worked until last night's upgrade. Now, I can't use emojis at all and all keyboards are failing, swipe, default Samsung, & SwiftKey. So, the last update did not fix the issue. This issue has me so mad, I will never buy another Samsung and will also leave Verizon. I'm fed up.

I've cleared data, cleared caches, all the other suggestions & it still fails.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that your devices are back up and running properly, SAS86. Have you verified if there is a new software update? You may need to update all internal apps and your keyboard app. Please let us know if this problem continues.

JoshuaT_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're here to assist you, STEBOY45. Please make sure that your device is up to date. Uninstall/restore to default your keyboard Swype feature and update it. Have you tried using your device in Safe Mode to see if the issue also persists?

JoshuaT_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Canoe262
Enthusiast - Level 1

Your "answer" was no help at all. This problem began after the software

update just before the last one. It is apparent, from comments on the web,

that many people experienced the same problem after that update. The next

update did not fix the problem.

If Verizon wants to lose me, this is a great way to push me to another

carrier. When the upgrade disables the phone's default keyboard, that is

poor business practice. Whoever thought this was a good idea should be

fired!

On Aug 29, 2017 11:49 PM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Canoe262,

We don't want to lose you as a valued customer. Please respond to the Private Message that we sent you so that we can assist you further. Thank you in advance.

YeseniaV_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
KingSkippus

I have update G920VVRS4DQH1 installed on my Galaxy S6 phone, and this is still happening to me.  Any more word on when this will be fixed?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KingSkippus, we appreciate you reaching out to us for help! We're happy to assist you with the keyboard issues. Can you tell us when this originally started? How are you using the phone (i.e. tasks or applications) when you come across this issue?

SamanthaT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes