Highlighted

Switching Sprint CDMA Galaxy S3 to Prepaid Verizon?

bmdj92

Is this possible?

I am fed up with Sprint's hidden fees and charges that have appeared on my bills ever since I signed up with them. I am on the most basic unlimited texting/calling plan for smartphones with only 2 lines with no fancy services or add ons. One bill for one month was over $360! That wasn't prorated or anything. And the prices vary wildly month to month (from 170-300) despite never using anything different month to month. And I cannot justify paying them anymore, and customer service hasn't helped. I'm hesitant about signing up for another contract for this exact reason.

Sorry for the rambling. Anyway.

I tried switching to another carrier only to find Sprint's Samsung Galaxy S3 phones do not have a sim card slot. I can't afford to pay for another phone since I paid for this phone upfront when I bought it. I won't pay for another phone upfront when I have a perfectly working one already.

So my question is, am I able to use my Sprint bought Galaxy S3 (that has no sim card slot) for a prepaid plan with Verizon? As an existing device? If not and I have sign up for another contract/plan for this phone, is it possible with this phone? I don't want to go through the steps of ordering a service only to find out it's not compatible afterward like I did for another carrier.

THANK YOU in advance if anyone can help me.

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Switching Sprint CDMA Galaxy S3 to Prepaid Verizon?

demmo86rt
Leader

No, Sprint's devices are not compatible with Verizon's network, while they both use the same type of network, they use different frequencies.

0 Likes