Switching SIM card from S5 to an unlocked S9+
Skooterfd
Enthusiast - Level 1

Can I switch the SIM card from my S5 to an unlocked S9+? I want to buy an unlocked S9+ for the 256GB not offered by Verizon and want to take the SIM card out of my S5 & put it into the S9+. The main question is will it work or do I need to take the S9+ into the Verizon store to have a new SIM card installed?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Switching SIM card from S5 to an unlocked S9+
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

No; the S5 uses a micro SIM card and the 9+ uses a nano SIM card.  You'll need to get a new SIM card by visiting your local Corporate VzW store or by contacting Customer Service at 800-922-0204 or *611.

View solution in original post

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

No; the S5 uses a micro SIM card and the 9+ uses a nano SIM card.  You'll need to get a new SIM card by visiting your local Corporate VzW store or by contacting Customer Service at 800-922-0204 or *611.

bearone21
Legend

you could have cs mail you the sim card.

0 Likes
Skooterfd
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks, tikibar1 I wasn't aware of that!

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You're welcome.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am so glad you were able to get an answer from tikibar1 and we appreciate the help that was provided. We can assist as well by sending a SIM out to you. I have sent you a private message to begin.

Rosanne_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes