Storage Location for Saved Voicemails
tk3765
Contributor - Level 3

I am in the process of trying to do a full backup before doing a factory reset in the hopes of fixing some quirks that have been occurring on my Edge.  I have a few voicemails I moved from the active area to "Saved" but need to make sure those are backed up.  The Verizon Cloud does not show if these have been saved.

Does anyone know where on the phone these items are stored?  If I can locate the storage area I can download them to my PC or even move them to the SD card.  I've been through every possible folder I can locate but the voicemails aren't there.

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Storage Location for Saved Voicemails
tk3765
Contributor - Level 3

I found it...more by accident than success Smiley Happy

I connected my phone to my PC and rather than importing vids and photos, clicked on open files and all of the phone files came up.  Voicemails are saved in the VisualVoiceMail file as .amr files.

I think I found the text messages as well but there is no file "extension;" it just says file so I can't open them on the PC to check.  Those, I think, are in the file  VZMessages.

View solution in original post

tk3765
Contributor - Level 3

I found it...more by accident than success Smiley Happy

I connected my phone to my PC and rather than importing vids and photos, clicked on open files and all of the phone files came up.  Voicemails are saved in the VisualVoiceMail file as .amr files.

I think I found the text messages as well but there is no file "extension;" it just says file so I can't open them on the PC to check.  Those, I think, are in the file  VZMessages.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tk3765,

I know how important it is to make sure you don't lose anything. Those messages are precious. I'm glad you were able to locate your voicemails. Texts are a little more difficult to view in another way but those can be backed up using the Verizon Cloud, and possibly to Verizon Messages if you use it. http://vz.to/2wGytLQ

AndrewT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
iCindi
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had this same issue tonight and your instructions took me right to the saved voicemail!

Unfourtunately, my computer could not open the voicemail, so I sent the file to my email and opened on my phone. Worked like a charm.

Thank you!

0 Likes