Re: Sound quality and effects no longer working
rush86
Enthusiast - Level 3

So just an update. I did a factory reset and it still doesn't work. So Verizon if you read this. Please pass along that in the settings menu. Under sounds and vibrations, then trying to click on sounds and effects. It no longer opens or works. You can click on sound quality and effects. But nothing happens. The latest update broke it. Tried everything and it still doesn't work. So the update disabled this feature in the settings of the phone.

rush86
Enthusiast - Level 3

So i called samsung and they couldnt help. Suggested i take it to a service center. And they could put the original software version back on it. Google makes these updates. Samsung said contact them about this problem. But you can't call them.

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Try here and see if this helps

Android Help

If that doesn't work here are some numbers that may help

4 Ways to Contact Google - wikiHow

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

This site is for the apps

App issues - Android Help

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely understand the importance of keeping this feature working on your device, rush86. This is a known issue with the most recent software update, and there is a planned fix for the next regular software update for this device. Regrettably, we don’t have any information about when this update will be available. We hope this information helps.

JosephE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

rush86
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you, i appreciate the response.

0 Likes
matt-hatter20

Did you ever find a solution for this issue? I recently replaced my s8 plus for a broken screen and the phone I got as a replacement is now doing this to my settings option "sound quality and effects " 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Keeping you connected with a working phone is imperative, matt-hatter20. We are here to assist. Was the phone repaired through a Verizon partner or just a third party of your choosing? Are there any other problems with the phone since the repair? 

DavidC_VZW

0 Likes