Some text messages don't show up on my new phone (Samsung Galaxy S10)
rendezvous75

Hello all,

I just recently switched my phone from iPhone 6 over to Samsung. And I haven't sold the old iPhone yet as it's still being used at home to play music for my toddler. 

Anyway, the weird thing is that I am only getting some text messages on my new phone and some do not get delivered. I know this because the other messages show up on my iPhone since it's still connected via wifi. For what it's worth, I'd like to add that it seems like messages from Verizon and other Verizon wireless users get delivered, but not from users of other carriers. 

Has anyone experienced the same issue? Any tips or pointers will be much appreciated!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Some text messages don't show up on my new phone (Samsung Galaxy S10)
bearone21
Legend

you need to close-out the i-phone account.

0 Likes
rendezvous75

@bearone21  - Would you please elaborate what you mean by "close out the iphone account"? All I have is pretty much the phone itself. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You need to turn off iMessages on the iPhone to force the text messages to go through the SMS system instead of the Apple servers. 

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203042

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Congrats on your new phone rendezvous75 and we understand how the old iPhone is a good way to listen to music. We can help with the best way to make sure your current phone receives all your messages. Have you turned off iMessage on the iPhone?

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes