Software update G900VVRS2DQD1
cowtimer44
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently had the recent update install and now my Samsung S5 phone has a serious battery drain! I noticed the excessive battery use, and thought a phone reset would clear the issue. It did not. Plugging in a recharge unit didn't help as it drained it out completely and the main phone battery as well in a couple hours. Trying to use any app has been slow to respond. This morning after taking a fully charged phone battery off AC, the battery drained 25% in less than an hour without using the phone. I've cleared the storage cache and phone cache, checked with several detectors to look for any nefarious software and the phone still drains. Did we get a bad patch?

0 Likes
Re: Software update G900VVRS2DQD1
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Did you cleared the cache partition in recovery mode  ?

Volume up-power-home

volume down to clear cache partition press power button

volume down to yes press power button

This will not reset any of the phone settings

0 Likes
cowtimer44
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes. Sorry, I didn't explain it correctly in my original entry.

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

When you go into settings-battery what does it say in there that is using up most of the battery?

0 Likes
jecourtney
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem.  Happened 2 updated ago and wasn't fixed until last months update.  Now, it is draining again!  Same issue about 20% every hour with no used.  Battery usage says Android System-- real helpful.

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Do you have auto-update apps on in play store? I have mine off and just update the apps that I am using.Also it was mention in another thread on here about the app DT Ignite it is an app that you can disable it puts a lot of junk apps on your phone. It put a lot of games on mine that I was able to just uninstall them with no problem

0 Likes
cowtimer44
Enthusiast - Level 2

I looked at the battery usage and the first listing was an app. I tried to force stop it, which didn't happen and ended up deleting it from my device. It resolved the dramatic battery drain that occurred with the update. Thanks Kathy.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are sorry to read about your device. I use my phone so much throughout the day and understand the impact of this. How long ago was the update completed? It can take 48 hours for the battery functions to normalize. BobbyN_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jecourtney
Enthusiast - Level 1

It seems turning off the auto-updates have significantly limited the battery drain. Thanks!

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

May I ask which app was it and did it come with the phone or did you download it?

0 Likes