Software Update G900VVRU2DQF2
VICTHO70
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ever since I applied the latest update on 8/11, I am having issues with Bluetooth.  I have tried all the troubleshooting steps, such as removing battery, turning airplane mode on/off, forcing bluetooth to stop, clearing cache via recovery mode.  Nothing has helped.   Is there a way to remove the latest security patches, or is there a fix for this?

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Software Update G900VVRU2DQF2
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

VICTHO70-

Software updates are meant to improve your experience, not hinder it , so I am disappointed to learn about the experience you're having with Bluetooth. Let's work together to get to the bottom of this, as unfortunately there is not a way to remove a software update.

Can you tell us more about what exactly is happening with the Bluetooth? What kind of devices are you trying to pair with it?

EricaC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
VICTHO70
Enthusiast - Level 2

Erica,

Sorry I did not get back with you right away. I called customer support

and the individual I talked with, recommended I get a new phone. That was

terrible advice. Funny how, I get an update for the phone on August 11th,

just a couple weeks after paying off the phone, and then I start having

problems. Too coincidental for me. There is something wrong with the

update, as I am positive that is what caused these issues. I can not

connect via Bluetooth to any device, I've tried two different Fitbit

devices (both brand new), my Bose Bluetooth speaker, even my new Kia Soul.

Nothing connects with the Samsung Galaxy 5 that I just finished paying on

for two years. And then when I call, I get "we recommend buying a new

phone", what kind of poor customer service is that? Everything else

works on the phone.

Fix the update please.

Vicki

On Fri, Sep 1, 2017 at 11:25 AM, vzw_customer_support <

KTHORNING

After this debacle and the utter lack of customer service for this problem, I'm getting a new phone. It'll be an iPhone. My sisters with iPhones have no problem syncing their Fitbits.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You always deserve world class support, KTHORNING. I can understand your hesitation on getting another Android after your experience. There are a number of companies involved including Samsung, Fitbit, and Verizon Wireless. Which one let you down on customer service?

DavidH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

I am so sorry that you are having problems with your phone. I too had a perfectly running phone til I got an update and  that was all they wrote for that S5. Although it was right around the time that my 2 year contract was up and the phone was almost payed off I do not want to believe that Verizon or Samsung did this on purpose with their update. It is odd though that when I called Verizon & Samsung both of them suggested that I buy a new phone. If everything  else is working on your phone that is a win at least. There have been a ton of problems with Bluetooth on other phones after an update hopefully there maybe an answer somewhere in those threads that will help you. Good luck on finding a solution for your problem and please come back and let us know if you found a fix for this problem.

0 Likes
VICTHO70
Enthusiast - Level 2

We just got a system update for our Samsung Galaxy 5, and now it is working fine.   Bluetooth is working as it did before the 8/11 security update. 

Now, I need an update for the LG4 phone, that has since quit getting notifications from my fitbit, however bluethooth still works.  

kathy65793
Master - Level 1
0 Likes
VICTHO70
Enthusiast - Level 2

I get an "unexpected error" when I click on that link.

On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 1:59 PM, kathy65793 <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Hmm on either one of the links? Ok all you have to do is sign into your account and if you go to your devices click on the LG4 then there should be something like support for it and click on that. If not while you are signed into your account just do a search for LG 4 update software support that should eventually take you to that page for the software update

0 Likes