Re: So hey, Verizon...you gonna release Marshmallow for the S6? I mean pretty much everyone else has....
Tidbits
Legend

Chances are there will be less bugs, but bugs do happen and it wouldn't be the first time as soon as a person opens the box and it turns on there is an update to fix bugs.  The Nexus 5X and 6P had that.  HTC One M9 had that I believe, and also I believe the S4 did when it was first released.  Some maybe after 2 weeks gotten updates to fix some problems.  My Xperia Z5P got updated quickly to fix some camera issues, but there are still bugs after 3 months that should have higher priority than the camera(Wifi, bluetooth, and UX improvements)

Do you think Samsung left all their resources for their older devices and not their latest and greatest device?  A device that will no longer make them money and spending resources on it will cause them to lose money...  So they put 100 guys on the S7 and put 5 guys on the S6/EDGE for example...  What do you think will happen?  The S7 should be better off then their predecessors.  Remember when your S6 was awe hot and awesome, and the S5 people upgraded and complained about how their phones are broken, and need more updates to fix the problem?

0 Likes
Re: So hey, Verizon...you gonna release Marshmallow for the S6? I mean pretty much everyone else has....
mama23dogs
Legend

The GS6 is not the GS7.  And marshmallow won't run exactly the same or even look the same on a different device.  I have 2 Samsung (Note 3 and Note 4) running 5.1.1 side by side, they are not the same.  They upgrade hardware and software has to accommodate it.  They give better bells and whistles to the newer phone.

0 Likes
darksear
Enthusiast - Level 3

I used to work for a router manufacturer, and the number one complaint we received from the end user, note end user not customer, was that the router was missing features that they needed and had ones that they didn't like and "can you please change it" the answer was always that those who purchased it from us chose which features to add or more importantly not add.  If you want to order one from us here is our sales team's phone number, minimum order is 50. 

And I think the same thing could be said about this.  If you don't want the apps and features Verizon adds to your phone you should purchase one directly from Samsung. It costs more, but you wouldn't be sitting here hitting F5 on whichever Android news site you're on hoping to see an announcement that Verizon just released 6.01 for the S6 and S6 Edge.

mama23dogs
Legend

The unlocked GS6 didn't have marshmallow as of last week and still doesn't have Samsung pay.

if updates are that big a deal, buy a Nexus, Apple or pure edition.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mama23dogs, Getting the updates to your device should be seamless, and give you a temporary option to wait to proceed. Eventually your phone will do the update on its own, but you can delay it for a little while. I recommend readung the learn more tab when it comes through for some great info and tips of the new update. 
CheriS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes