So hey, Verizon...you gonna release Marshmallow for the S6? I mean pretty much everyone else has....
jalecbronson
Enthusiast - Level 3

At Verizon, we know it's very important for you to have the latest update for your phone. However, we're not going to give it to you. Or are we? Maybe we will. What will you do for it? How bad do you want it?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: So hey, Verizon...you gonna release Marshmallow for the S6? I mean pretty much everyone else has....
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mama23dogs, Getting the updates to your device should be seamless, and give you a temporary option to wait to proceed. Eventually your phone will do the update on its own, but you can delay it for a little while. I recommend readung the learn more tab when it comes through for some great info and tips of the new update. 
CheriS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: So hey, Verizon...you gonna release Marshmallow for the S6? I mean pretty much everyone else has....
radar320
Contributor - Level 2

They will release it after people have spent the money to buy the S7.

Ellenj
Enthusiast - Level 3

You do not want it!  It's buggy.  That's been confirmed by a Verizon TS agent.

I got a "bad copy" and it bricked my phone.  Verizon had to do a factory update to fix sync problems with Google and Verizon Cloud.  5 days later, I'm still not back to normal. 

And, I'm constantly getting a Android.process.acore has stopped error constant after 6.0 Update

And, the Kindle app will not install

And, the Gallery cannot move files between the internal and external SD card.  And, the edit function is gone.

Those are the issues I've found so far.  The Verizon tech said to wait a few weeks and there should be another update to fix the update.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Shhhh. They want it let them have it. They all say it works awesome and there isn't anything every wrong with updates. Be careful they'll call you a shill or working for Verizon for lying.

0 Likes
radar320
Contributor - Level 2

We havent even gotten a first update yet let alone a security update since December that brought up to November.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

I Thought it would be a few more weeks or months befor the GS6 went to Marshmallow.   I mean, we are talking Samsung here - the king of bloat.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

But Verizon wants to sell the S7 that was recently released.  They are going to withhold the update so people will be "forced" to buy the S7 instead of waiting for any update for the S6.  It's all about that money!

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

IM a sucker for a shiny new gadget, but I am content to wait for software updates that might cork up my phone.  I saw the complaints when Marshmallow let loose on LG.

0 Likes
jalecbronson
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yeah but isn't that the problem? I mean I don't want to be involved with a company that withholds updates just to drum up sales for the next big thing. Even if we remove the marshmallow update from this conversation, where are my security updates?? This is just pathetic. I'm paying off my contract ASAP and moving on. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Don't buy a Samsung phone then

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes