Smart Lock doesn't work
Grumpier
Enthusiast - Level 3

Phone still requires login when accessed even though location is Saved to Trusted places.

0 Likes
Re: Smart Lock doesn't work
bearone21
Legend

in settings for phone lock, have you selected sign in required?

josephe_vzw
Verizon Employee

That is indeed strange that your Galaxy S9 is still requiring to be unlocked at trusted locations, Grumpier. Let’s work together and get this fixed. I wanted to start by gathering some additional information. When this issue first start happening? What, if anything, changed on your device before this issue started? What happens if you clear your list of trusted places, and add them back? You learn how to do this under add, edit, or remove home or custom locations here: https://support.google.com/android/answer/9075927?hl=en&ref_topic=6168852&visit_id=63677819051101284...

JosephE_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Grumpier
Enthusiast - Level 3

If I restart the phone it works until I leave then intermittently or not at all when I return.  Screen lock is fingerprint or pin

0 Likes
Grumpier
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've cleared and added back several times with the same results.

0 Likes
Grumpier
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have cleared the System Cache a couple times for good measure.  Went back into Smart Lock and verified the Home location in Google Maps.  Will see what happens.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You've taken some really great steps Grumpier. If after making these changes, you still run into the same issue, let us know. Were always happy to help in any way that we can.

Erin_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes