Re: Slowdown on wireless
WildOne46
Enthusiast - Level 3

Update G935VVRS8CRK1 applied 11/17/18 @ 6:23 am....just tested wireless speed on dslreports.com/speedtest  got the following: 11.36 mgbits down, 5.42 mgbits up...I am within 5 feet of router....this is considerable slower than I normally receive plus I can tell that it is slower in daily usage. 

Normally I get between 40-60 up & 5-10 down...

Syd-Lexic
Enthusiast - Level 3

WildOne46 Is there any chance that you are connecting to your 2.4Ghz network instead of your 5Ghz network since the update?

WildOne46
Enthusiast - Level 3

yep using 2.4 MHz band but will try 5MHz.....don't think it make that much difference but we will see....Ill give it a try for couple of days see if it helps...

0 Likes
Syd-Lexic
Enthusiast - Level 3

It will at least double your tested speed. Always has for me and my clients. Your device has to support it, though. But if you are on the same band as before the update, this is unrelated.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

"speeds you deserve", this is wi-fi & you get what you pay for.

0 Likes
ryanco_vzw
Verizon Employee

WildOne46,

Thank you for the most recent updates regarding your speed concerns on the S7 Edge you are using. It's critical that you get the appropriate connection on Verizon and I'm sure we can uncover what is going on here. You mentioned in one of your most recent messages that you are "5 feet from the router and speeds are 11.36 mgbits down, 5.42 mgbits up". Your concerns sound consistent with your WiFi signal, and here, we can only troubleshoot the Verizon Wireless network speeds. How are your speeds when you are away from your WiFi connections? How are your other Verizon services working for you (calls & texts)?

RyanCo_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
WildOne46
Enthusiast - Level 3

texts & calls working just fine.....I changed my connection band to 5GHz rather than 2.4Ghz and it appears wireless speeds have improved but I'm not sure that is what caused the improvement just yet....although wireless speed improved to about 20mgbits up/5mgbits down this is still less than b4 the latest update.. Those speeds, 20/5 are about 20 feet away from the router & though several walls.  Anyway I'll keep making adjustments and see what the next system update brings....

0 Likes
Syd-Lexic
Enthusiast - Level 3

You're welcome.

0 Likes
WildOne46
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you for suggesting it.    I don't understand why it would make difference but it did   thanks again

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

what speeds are you getting thru the day with this? what speed are you paying for??

Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test

0 Likes