Slow keyboard response, lagging
jkwaag

Hello - ever since the upgrade was pushed down to my GS3 my keyboard response has been very slow. It is very noticeable when I go to type in a URL, or do a search. It also is pretty slow when I go to start to text. It just doesn't type real time like it always has. Is anyone aware of this issue? Any help on troubleshooting would be appreciated. Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: Slow keyboard response, lagging
caflirt22

I have this issue as well...would love more info on how to fix!

0 Likes
jkwaag

caflirt22:

Give this a try.....

menu > settings > application manager > swype over to all >   ..   then scroll down to Samsung keyboard & select it - then press >   clear Cache / clear Data

It seems to work great so far. I just did it but we'll see. After my upgrade it seems to have kept the old keyboard or data has piled up just slowing the application down. Once I cleared the data the keyboard look changed but seems to work a lot better.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey Jkaag,

The steps you provided were perfect for fixing any issues with your keyboard and is certainly what I would have suggested.  How is your keyboard holding up? If your still having issues, please let us know.

NickB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jkwaag

Everything has been running solid since the change has been made. Thanks for the follow up.

0 Likes
caflirt22

My keyboard changed but has been working great. Seems likr my battery life

is a little better as well.

Thank you!

0 Likes