Since the recent software update, Voicemail now checks my subscription status and tries to sell me an upgrade every time I access it
Dranyam
Enthusiast - Level 1

It used to be quite straightforward to access voicemail from my phone. Now, since the most recent software update, the voice mail app goes through an extra step and checks my "subscription status", then tries to sell me an upgrade to Visual Voice Mail. I can't help but notice that the button to subscribe is twice as big as the button to decline and continue through to my standard voice mail.

Asking me once about buying a new service is one thing. Asking me *every time* I try to access voice mail is beyond annoying. This is very bad for customer satisfaction. Please advise if there is a way to disable this extra check of the subscription status and just go directly to my traditional voicemail as I had been accustomed. Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Since the recent software update, Voicemail now checks my subscription status and tries to sell me an upgrade every time I access it
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Dranyam, help is here front and center! The Voicemail application that is being accessed will always prompt for the subscription status of the Visual Voicemail if not signed up or registered for that feature. To avoid that extra step or the prompt to subscribe, you can dial *86 send or go into your contacts list and choose the regular Voicemail icon.

WiltonA_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Since the recent software update, Voicemail now checks my subscription status and tries to sell me an upgrade every time I access it
PiperTed
Enthusiast - Level 1

This response is not acceptable. Verizon needs to dump the icon instead of trying to use it to force less tech people to buy visual voicemail. Verizon - we want a voicemail icon separate from visual voicemail. This change would be very very easy to implement.

smaud
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree we shud have easy access to our voicemail. This is not acceptable Verizon!!!

0 Likes
smaud
Enthusiast - Level 1

We used to tap the vm icon and go right to our actual inbox now I have to dial numbers to get there then listen they 5 min of crap about who called when and the duration of the call.  Why can't we put ouour voicemail back the way we want it?!

0 Likes