Re: Since Oreo update wifi calling notifications issue
Wesjan
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried this yesterday and was coming on today to say it worked for me.  I cleared data and rebooted.  Waited a couple minutes and went back to wifi calling to make sure it was on and made some calls to make sure it was working (it was).  I have not received any of the annoying notifications since then.   People just to need to make sure when they go to their app settings that they set it to include system apps.  Otherwise you won't find wifi calling.  Thank you

liuhyhit

Mine still not working. It keeps saying unable to active Wi-Fi Calling at this time. Please try again later. I have updated the system to the latest version

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great! I'm happy these steps helped fix the issues you were having with your device. If you ever need us in the future we are always here to help. You can also visit us on Facebook or Twitter. Thank you for being the best part of Verizon Wireless. Enjoy your day. 

Cheton_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BRIBEL53
Enthusiast - Level 1

My issue is the notification tells me to turn on wifi calling, I go to turn it on and it asks for my address and when I click save and it says emergency address updated. Within 5 minutes I get the notification again. And again   and again. All day long 

Wesjan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah, apparently I spoke too soon.  Clearing data seemed to work for a day, but now I am back to getting the wifi notification again.  I just received it twice in last 5 minutes.  Wifi calling won't stay on.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Wesjan, we're sorry to hear that we're back to square one. Let's take a step back and see what's going on. I know this is posted for the Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus phones, but could you confirm your phone model? Does this happen with any other WiFi connection?

I did find that this notification is working as designed by the software designers. For phones that have Wi-Fi Calling turned ON by default, or have updated to software that has Wi-Fi Calling ON by default, you will be asked to activate Wi-Fi Calling or confirm the E911 address. The notification cannot be removed by swiping and must be selected for you to either walk through the Wi-Fi Calling activation.

Note: You can still press the 'Cancel' button on this screen and successfully dismiss the notification. However, at any time during this process pressing 'Cancel' will prompt a display telling you that Wi-Fi Calling is OFF. After making a valid E911 address is entered, pressing 'Save' will prompt a display advising the user that Wi-Fi Calling is ON.

How does this compare to your experience?

Joel_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

rdyxrolx
Enthusiast - Level 3

"I did find that this notification is working as designed by the software designers."

That tells me everything I need to know about Verizon engineering and support. You have a serious problem here. The issue emerged with the latest Android update, and none of the solutions offered so far have worked permanently.

Perhaps the notification IS working as designed, but why isn't the actual feature?

rdyxrolx
Enthusiast - Level 3

In the 14 minutes since my reply, the notification has cycled four times.

Y'all gotta fix this.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rdyxrolx, We completely understand the importance of being able to have your device working at its best. Especially after software updates. Since the issue at hand with your Wi-Fi Calling indicator being active after your recent update to OREO, getting in contact with the developer will be the step needed for a resolution. 

JoseLD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Wesjan
Enthusiast - Level 2

This problem persisted until last week when I received an update.  Since then, no problems.  wi-fi calling stays on for me.  Hopefully the update fixed the problem for others in here as well