Re: Since Nougat Update, cannot send MMS messages.
psf2835
Contributor - Level 1

I am using the LG V20 with 7.0.  Also using Textra as my messaging app.  No problems here.  I have Textra's settings, for MMS, sat to System.  They do say if you're having problems with one or the other, try Legacy.  APN settings have not changed.  It seems Samsung phones and/or rooted phones are having the problems. I know with LG V20 you can go to your APN settings and reset it. 

Bri7134
Enthusiast - Level 2

Still having this same issue. Stop blaming Textra and please fix with a meaningful reply.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bri7134, we want nothing more than for your messaging app to work. We will provide as much help as we can. Tell us more about the specific problems that you are having? Are you having trouble using any other apps? 

RalphT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Phoenixcon
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ever since switching from iPhone to a Galaxy S8, I am having the same issue as is described in this thread.

It doesn't seem to matter which messaging application I am using and it's been an issue since day one (when the only messaging apps I had were the default from Samsung and the Verizon app).

Here is the issue:

Most of the time, MMS messaging works just fine. When multiple MMS messages are received in quick succession (such as during an active conversation in a large group message), I still receive the messages, but they show only in the direct message thread with the individual who sent the message, and have the option to download them (when normally they would automatically be downloaded). If I try to download the message, it fails to download. Some applications handle this better than others (the google messages app, for example, at least shows that the individual thread has a message but still fails to download the new message). These messages will stack up in all the individual threads until I reboot the phone. After rebooting the phone, the messages will immediately start downloading and appear in the correct group message.

This seems to only happen during periods where my phone is receiving lots of MMS messages at one time or in quick succession. When it happens, I am able to use other internet features just fine, either on LTE/Mobile data or Wifi. I am unable to send MMS messages until after a reboot, but I can continue to send regular SMS messages without issue.

Again, this happens regardless of the messaging application being used. The different applications just handle the issue differently. But the root issue is still present. This is extremely frustrating. I have tried a reset of the phone and that doesn't seem to make any difference.

This is NOT an issue on iOS (on Verizon) and doesn't appear to be any issue on other carriers either. I actually think this might only be an issue with Samsung phones as other friends on Verizon with Pixel devices do not have this issue either.

This needs to be resolved ASAP.

Bri7134
Enthusiast - Level 2

Phoenixcon describes this issue perfectly. It's not about the app. It's some combination of Verizon and Android. It's nearing a YEAR  that this problem has been going on. Please work with Google to fix this and please inform your customer service reps so they can offer something better than keeping me on hold forever only to finally suggest using a different app (which doesn't solve the problem)

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the importance of using this application, Bri7134. This is never what we want to happen and we are here to help with your concerns. With regard to the application please try completing this step.

1.) power off the device.
2.) Remove the SIM card
3.) Power on device
4.) Reset Network Settings
5.) Go back to the main settings area and go to "More" > "Mobie Networks" > "Access Point Names" and make sure that there are no Access Point Names listed.
6.) Power off the device, then reinsert SIM
7.) Power on and test

JasperM_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Bri7134
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried this and still saw "LTE-VERIZON INTERNET" listed under Access Point Names

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for attempting that, Bri7134. If an update was performed on your Android device, and the Textra app is no longer working like many other customers. Have you attempted to reach out to the app developers of Textra? If an app is no longer working with a new OS update, then the app you're having an issue with may need to be updated or configured by those same developers. I'm not saying that there is an update for this third party app now, but, it may be best to bring it to their attention.

JoeyM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
LAAMCD20
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issue with a LG 6 I've done resets deleted apps and nothing has worked. I need a fix for this asap I've had my phone for a very frustrating year with no end in sight for my problem!!!!!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Laamcd20, thank you for all the steps and information that you provided. I know how important it is to make sure that you are able to send those MMS.

Let’s make sure your mobile / cellular data is working. First, turn off Wi-Fi, and then try to browse the internet or use an app that requires a data connection, like Facebook, Twitter, etc.

Were you able to browse the internet or use the app successfully?

-JenniferL_VZW
If my response answered
your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This
ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your
help with this!!
0 Likes