Re: Since Nougat Update, cannot send MMS messages.
KevFixit
Enthusiast - Level 2

And I am pretty sure Googles location service cannot use the Verizon mobile network to approximate location either. Before nougat I had zero problem maintaining a GPS signal inside my office. Now, it consistently jumps around and does not keep a fix on my location. Toggling the location service fixes it temporarily, but goes right back to the broken gps lock. I am not sure if this is a root problem for Nougat, but Verizon should have never released such a buggy OS. It looks bad on you too.

VWCUST123
Enthusiast - Level 1

Will someone be providing an update to this issue? It seems like multiple users, multiple apps and multiple models from all over the nation are having the same problem. I too have this problem at the same exact time other Verizon Wireless users lose their MMS capability. It is clearly a network issue.

For a company that claims they are America's best network, the lack of interest to fix this issue is highly disappointing. Not something I would expect from Verizon. Having "America’s largest and fastest 4G LTE network ever" does not really matter if it does not work. I am sure Verizon Wireless easily has the ability to have a team troubleshoot this issue on their own and find a possible resolution for their customers. Is there something being done to resolve it? Is there a temporary fix until the real issue gets resolved?

scottk1701

I have the same problem as well, but in my case I never receive the pictures.  A couple of my friends have sent pictures and I never did get them.  I am using Textra and tried the Stock text app too.  I have a Samsung Galaxy S7.  I got it just over 6 months ago and never had issues until the end of May.

Plus when that is going on my badge icons are slow to update or don't.  It displays an inaccurate unread count for text messages, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and LinkedIn.  That's annoying and never was a problem before.

0 Likes
Diss
Enthusiast - Level 3

vzw_customer_support​ Anybody there?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly are Diss! We want to ensure you're able to use your MMS without issue. Regrettably, we've not been able to duplicate this issue except with users who've also had the Textra app. Many were able to fix it by uninstalling or reinstalling the Textra app or by changing the Carrier limit and system behavior in the Textra app to "no limit" and "system" and the carrier send limit to 2MB. If the app was deleted but the cached properties were still on the device and haven't been cleared from the internal storage temporary cached storage file, users may still have an issue.

EbonyR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KevFixit
Enthusiast - Level 2

Textra is the only app doing anything remotely close to meaningful troubleshooting. Because of their recent update to the app, now we have no clue when the mms service is crashing. They have discovered the issue is within the code of the operating system, Android 7.0/7.1. Details are in this KB. MMS Timeouts / No Mobile Data / MMS Send Failing - On Android 7.0? – Support. This is not a Textra issue. This is a mms issue within the operating system. As detailed in the link, it has been fixed in the public release of the OS.

THIS FIX NEEDS TO BE IN THE NEXT OS UPDATE. I missed SEVERAL messages today using the built-in Samsung texting app.  They were from my aunt, to my wife and myself, who was watching my newborn baby. What if something drastic happened to my baby and I completely missed the messages? As I said before, if this does not get resolved in the next update, their WILL be a lawsuit. This is NOT a Textra issue. It is a mms issue with the operating system which should have been caught by Verizon's User Acceptance Testing department.

I understand this community section of the website is not where this all needs to be vetted.

Vzw_customer_support:

1. Acknowledge that you read the information in the link, and performed the action to crash the mms service.

2. Escalate this issue to your supervisor, and have that person escalate to the appropriate department. Have them contact me directly.

3. Please have a technical support ticket opened for this issue. Make me the contact and give me the ticket number.

If these items are not done in 24 hours I will be raising this issue with the headquarters, referencing your Twitter handle. This issue is too significant to not be a top priority to get fixed.

Diss
Enthusiast - Level 3

vzw_customer_support​ I guess we're not being clear here...  All of Verizon's nougat phones are affected out of the box, regardless of what messaging apps are used.  I've personally seen it on a Galaxy S6, S7, S8, S8+, and Note 5.  The textra app was never installed on any of them except for the S8, and I only installed it while trying to SOLVE this problem...  Just to repeat: ALL MESSAGING APPS ARE AFFECTED (just see my earlier picture with a GS6, GS8, and Note 5 in the same group chat and all unable to send messages).

Anybody who does a lot of group messaging has this problem, and so do you if you have a Nougat phone.  Simply follow the steps I mentioned to reproduce the problem and you will see.  I know this because I can reproduce it 100% of the time on any of the phones I've mentioned.  Please HELP US FIX THIS!

KevFixit
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have opened a support ticket with Verizon, and they escalated it to the device team. I let them know everything going on, and he said they have a team just for researching issues like this. There was nothing in their internal documentation and ticket history regarding this. He said it could take a while, as this could get escalated all the way to google/android. I let them know about this thread and how the person responding was clearly not escalating the issue as they should have. We will just continue to wait until a software update is realease with a fix. I have noticed it only happens when I get successive messages from someone on a DIFFERENT network.

yarelim_vzw
Verizon Employee

Diss,  it is very alarming to hear that you are having issues with using Verizon Messages during the day.  I want to make sure that we help provide you and everyone else a resolution.

Please check your Inbox for my Direct Message.

yarelim_vzw

0 Likes
KevFixit
Enthusiast - Level 2

Where are the direct replies to the rest of us? Can you please keep this thread up to date so we can all be informed? It has been 10 days since the last meaningful response was posted.

Thank you,

Kevin