Since 4.3 Update - Contacts not displaying in drop down when sending a new Text (SMS) message
XCON
Enthusiast - Level 3

Note: This does not happen for all contacts but it's definitely more than one.

Since the upgrade to 4.3, if I go to the Messaging app and try to send a new message...

At the top of the message I begin to type the name of a contact in my address book.

I expect to see that name in the drop down as it filters the contacts.

I do see some contacts but not the contact that I am typing.

I found a way to fix this one-off by going into the contact record, making a change to the name, and then saving it, Now you can send a new message and watch the name appear in the drop down. You will see this in the screenshots below:

1: New Message Window - I am searching for contact "mom" and although one contact came back, it was not mom.

1 - trying to send a new txt to mom.png

2: Contact Window - Here you can see mom is an existing contact so therefore it should have been properly filtered on the new message

2 - Notice that mom is an existing contact.png

3: Contact Edit - Here is my workaround to make a change to the name and save it.

3 - make a change to the name and save it.png

4: New Message - Here you can see that the contact record filters properly now that I made a change to it.

4 - sending a new message to mom now shows the contact.png

0 Likes
Re: Since 4.3 Update - Contacts not displaying in drop down when sending a new Text (SMS) message
XCON
Enthusiast - Level 3

The best resolution that I found was to export all contacts, then delete them all, reboot and re-import all the contacts. Of course, be careful when deleting your contacts...take backups on the phone, save it to the SD card, and review/export gmail contacts if needed.

0 Likes