Sim Card Samsung S 7 Edge
DEBWAL85

I received 2 replacement S 7 edge`s now i have confused the sim cards.  Are they phone specific ?   Or does it matter ?   Thanks anyone

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Sim Card Samsung S 7 Edge
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

They're not phone specific, but they do contain the account information for each line (phone number, data allowances, etc.).  If they are new devices that have never been setup, just put one card in each, they will show you the phone number during setup and you can determine which one is which.  If they have been previously set up, you can insert a SIM into one, power up, go to settings>about phone>phone number to determine which SIM you have inserted, then switch if needed.

View solution in original post

demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

They're not phone specific, but they do contain the account information for each line (phone number, data allowances, etc.).  If they are new devices that have never been setup, just put one card in each, they will show you the phone number during setup and you can determine which one is which.  If they have been previously set up, you can insert a SIM into one, power up, go to settings>about phone>phone number to determine which SIM you have inserted, then switch if needed.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is a great question. SIM Cards are not phone specific, but if you are having issues with signal, we recommend getting a new one. If you want to ensure you are using a new SIM Card, you can get one for free at a local Corporate Verizon Store location. Let us know if you have any other questions, we are here to help.

JavierMD_VZW  Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!  

0 Likes