well i tried the reset and it did not work. however I did notice that since

I put in the replacement SIM card the error became permanent, by that I

mean before I was able to turn the phone off and then on after a will and

it would operate normally. It is really becoming a hassle the only

corporate store is about 30 miles one way from me. One of your retail

stores let me know that they were doing me a favor when they gave me a

replacement SIM that I am not so sure was not faulty in order to get me

back in to make a purchase. I have read in some forums that others have

experienced the same problem after some data upgrade.

On Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 10:02 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
Re: Sim Card Error
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to learn that SIM card issue continues even after the factory reset bigmandc! We may need to replace your phone with a Certified Like New replacement http://vz.to/uyYF0o as per manufacturer's warranty. If you want me to review your account and process the replacement please follow me (I'm following you now), and send me a direct message.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
bigmandc
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for information however the warranty ran out in Feb.

0 Likes
bigmandc
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oh forgot to mention I am on none of the social networks (almost didn't sign up for this forum). If you look up the acct my wife is primary and there is an update available however it is for her device. I am not going to use that upgrade.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional info bigmandc! Since warranty replacement is not an option, I recommend considering our Device Payment Program http://vz.to/ZILXBT as others in your situation are taking advantage of it to upgrade at full price without a big expense. This option is only available at corporate stores, please visit a store near you http://bit.ly/3SdsA for assistance with this program.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

TotalDoll

I am having the same issue

A small box popsuo that says "Sim card not detected" with no option but to click restart

This only started after my recent download of the software update

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TotalDoll,

That's definitely interesting and we want to help out. How often is this occuring with the device and when you receive the error message is your service affected? Let's try removing the SIM card to ensure it is seated properly. Take a look here to see how http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-77701/.

AdamG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TotalDoll

Mine is not the mini and yes the card is seated properly

It happens randomly. .. the other day I was talking on a call when my

service was interrupted and it gave me the error. I simply restarted the

phone and called them back ... never remounting the card ... it did it once

more that day (2 days ago) and hasn't done so since

On Jun 6, 2015 5:26 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for checking that out, TotalDoll. I do hope it continues to work well for you. If you notice the pop up again, please let us know if you're using the SIM from a previous device as well as if there's any error number associated with the message.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ktugg
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a galaxy note 3 and I have also been getting a sim card error message. I have to re-power the phone to get connected. Went to a Verizon store and they replaced the sim card but did not help the problem.  I was told to factory reset the phone if the new sim card didn't correct the problem but after reading this blog, I am thinking that the factory reset won't guarantee a fix either. It would be nice if Verizon could come up with a solution.