Significantly decreased signal strength
BrewersGirl86
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4, software up-to-date, and am having issues with significantly decreased signal strength. Many times I am getting zero reception at my friend's house and in other areas as well. My reception is fine in my apartment, however, in older buildings it seems to decrease significantly from 4G to 1X. I bought this phone back in August 2013 and have swapped it out twice due to WiFi problems. Even at work when I'm outside (I work in a hospital), my reception is very poor. Is there a fix for this? My fiance has the same problem with his S5. Is this just a Samsung issue or is it a Verizon issue?

Re: Significantly decreased signal strength
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BrewersGirl86, thanks for bringing this to our attention. I would love to work with you to figure out what is going on. When you got the replacement devcies were you able to get new sim cards with it? What zip code do you live in? Have you been able to power the device off, pull the battery from the phone and then remove the sim card for about 10-15 seconds, then place it all back together, then re-test. Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mrasian

I have the same issue in my old office building.  My Samsung S5 has 1x and sometimes no signal whatsoever.  I switched from an iPhone 4.  Which had solid 3G all over this building.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mrasian, we don't want this to be an ongoing issue for you. Service can be challenging indoors. However, let's take a closer look at your device. Have you powered your current phone off/on since having this issue? Are you connected to Wi-Fi when having signal issues. If so, disable Wi-Fi and check your signal again. Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW

0 Likes
mrasian

This is occurs everyday at the office, the middle office on the 3rd floor

of a 3 story building.

I do not connect to Wi-Fi at work, so I depend on my "fast" 4G connection.

I have tried many methods. I have powered off/on my S5 and no change. I

have taken the battery out and sim card out and put it back in. No change

in result. I still get 1x and sometime no service. The closer I get to

the windows to outside...the better the signal. I can't send or receive

text/call or receive voice call.

The antenna on my phone is either bad or is not as good as my old iPhone 4.

Is there anything I can do other than go to the Verizon store to get a new

phone?

Thanks,

On Thu, Aug 7, 2014 at 1:34 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
poorservice9

If you actually get help from Verizon support on this issue I will be shocked! I have been attempting to for 2 months. Several different Verizon reps say follow me and I will help you. Then nothing.

Its ridiculous! We are going to look at other cell carriers this weekend.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mrasian Having relaible service is important. Based on the details you provided, there are factors such as building interference,terrain, weather and distance to the closest tower that can impact signal from reaching the device. Is this the only area you experience low signal? Are there issues with calls,data or text?

SheritaH_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is really odd, poorservice9. Let me try something different. I will send a Direct Message to make sure that goes through.

TamaraH_VZW

0 Likes
MJames1982
Enthusiast - Level 2

My signal strength has dropped significantly as well.  It seems like it has decreased even more so since the last system update that was pushed to my phone.  My service used to be better than my husbands, and I was able to get around 3-4 bars in places others were not getting any service.  Now I am  lucky to get 1 bar in those same places.  Same phone.  Why the decrease in service.  I pay too much per month for service, and I want to be able to use it when and where I want.  Why does the bill go up, but the signal go down? hmmm....

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hi MJames1982!

I realize the importance of having operable service and I'm here to help! What is your current zip code?Are you experiencing the issue in or outdoors?

AyaniB_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes