Severe battery drain after last verizon update
likegod04

After the last update for my phone I have been experiencing around 10% battery drain an hour with moderate to low usage.  I have already done 2 factory resets and formatting my SD card.  I have disabled GPS, WIFI, Global access, Google now and everything else that i can find that could cause a drain.  I have even gone and disabled/uninstalled all apps that I don't use.  That didn't fix anything.  I started to suspect that my battery was bad.  Ordered a new from Samsung and charged it all night on there spare battery charger before using it.  It actually seems to be draining even faster, after 45 minutes I was already at 88%.  During that period I sent about a dozen texts and checked email and the weather.   So I don't believe its the battery.  Any suggestions to help resolve this will be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: Severe battery drain after last verizon update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

likegod04, thank for posting. Are you still having battery issues? If so, then next option will be to replace the device. How long have you had it? Is there any physical or water damaged done to the phone?^SP

0 Likes