Settings screen not updated?
jaybird1987

When I go to my settings it is currently one long list of items that I have to scroll through. However, when I viewed other Verizon galaxy s4 users' phones, their settings menu allows them to pick 1 of 4 options at the top of their setting's menu screen. Their settings' menu also seems to have more options than mine.

See image: http://static5.businessinsider.com/image/51892319eab8eaf328000002-1080-1920/2013-05-07%252011.44.23....

My phone is updated, Android Version is 4.3, and the baseband version is the same as the other Verizon s4s that I have looked at.

Any ideas what may be going on? Maybe the original updates to my phone was interrupted and caused some items not to update. I've googled this issue 10 different ways and I have come up empty. Feel like I'm the only one having this issue.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Settings screen not updated?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Your settings screen is in list view.  As Ann154 said, press the menu button (the lower left-hand button on the phone, to the left of the home button) and you'll get a pop-up stating Switch to Tab View.  Press it and your settings screen will then look like your link.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Settings > menu button > switch to tab view to get the tabbed version of the Settings.

Settings > menu button > switch to list view to change back to the list version of the Settings.

Both Settings arrangements have the same options. It is more of a matter of how it is organized.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jaybird1987

I wish it were that easy. Menu options isn't even an option for me.

Below is my long list of options...right now I'm thinking of resetting the phone.

Wireless and networks

Airplane mode

Wi-fi

Bluetooth

Data usage

More settings

Device

Home screen mode

blocking mode

hands free mode

call

sound

display

storage

power saving mode

battery

application manager

PErsonal

LOcation services

lock screen

security

language and input

backup and reset

accounts

backup and assistant plus

amazon

facebook

google

add account

system

motion and gestures

air view

voice control

accessory

date and time

accessibility

developer options

about phone

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Your settings screen is in list view.  As Ann154 said, press the menu button (the lower left-hand button on the phone, to the left of the home button) and you'll get a pop-up stating Switch to Tab View.  Press it and your settings screen will then look like your link.

0 Likes
jaybird1987

Oh you two are awesome! Didn't know I had to be on the settings screen when I hit the menu button again.

Thank you! I was an iPhone user for way too long.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I personally prefer the list view anyway. It looks more like Stock Android instead a customized UI.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes