Setting up new unlocked Samsung Galaxy s20
Mark61j
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm in the process of setting up a new S20 5G phone.  I plan on removing the SIM card from my old Galaxy s6 phone and place it in the new phone.  Will there be any issues doing this? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Setting up new unlocked Samsung Galaxy s20
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We recommend using the new SIM Card in the device, as it will ensure the service is running its best. If you have any additional questions, please let us know.

VZW_RobertH

0 Likes
Mark61j
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you Robert for the advice. I noticed my 5 year old SIM card of course says 4G on it.  It's working but I will be contacting CS about getting a new one.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We can definitely get you a new SIM Card in one of our corporate stores or sent to you in the mail for free.  Is there anything else that we can assist you with at this time?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unless you know for sure your area has a lot of the 5G network available, it might be worth staying with the 4G LTE SIM card from your old phone for the time being. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Mark61j
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for that advice.  I was thinking that because I live and work in mostly rural SE Georgia.  I'm guessing maybe Savannah has some 5G but I do not travel there much.  I used to have an app that automatically showed coverage in an area.  So you know of one? 

Tags (1)
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Getting the help you need and deserve is a must. Please meet us in a Private Note for assistance. We will stand by.

0 Likes