Sensding text messages failing in my home
mredding5073
Enthusiast - Level 2

I hope someone can help me.  I recently switched phones from the Samsung Galaxy Nexus to the Galaxy S4.  I was having battery charging issues on the Nexus and after having the same thing happen on a second handset, decided it was time to switch.  Maybe it wasn't such a good idea because in the week since I've had the S4, I've been having (frustrating) intermittent problems in sending text messages from my home, when I NEVER had a problem with the older Galaxy Nexus.

I have a Verizon Network Extender at my home, so I don't know if this is a factor.  But I have no problem with voice calls and no problem receiving text messages, but MANY times when I go to send a text message, I get "Message failed".  Any known issues with the S4 and a Network Extender? If not any suggestions?  I'm not running any 3rd party messaging app.

I haven't had a problem anywhere else, so it seems to be location related, but again, I've only had the phone for a week.

0 Likes
Re: Sensding text messages failing in my home
mredding5073
Enthusiast - Level 2

More information...

I have done some more testing and I think it is related to the network extender and 4G mode on the S4.  I first turned wireless off, to see if it was somehow related to that. I then had another text message failure, so decided to walk to the end of my driveway to get out of range of the network extender.  Once out of range, and on 3G, the text message went instantly.  I came back in the house and got a message failure. 

It also seems to be 3G/4G related.  When in 4G mode with poor reception, the text messages aren't going through.  When it drops back to 3G, they go through.  I think Samsung should be able to fix this with a firmware update.  I never had an issue with the Galaxy Nexus.

0 Likes