Security patch level updates lagging
cdchurch
Enthusiast - Level 3

All,

Anyone know what the deal is with the security patch levels?  My GS7 Edge is still saying Feb 1st, 2016 as the patch level (settings/about phone).  I thought the new security model was going to put these patches in Google's hands, but reading about it, you need to do the normal SW upgrade on the phone, which is in Verizon's hands.  March and April updates have been released according to Google, but nothing on this end.  Or is it just me?  Anyone have something later than Feb 1st?  Verizon, if Feb 1st is latest, what is the holdup?  Security updates from OS vendors can't be a on 3 month delay.

Chuck

Re: Security patch level updates lagging
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly have the same goal in sight, cdchurch, and this is to ensure your device stays secured. Just to set us up for success, let’s make we are on the same page. What Software Version is currently on your S7?
http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/software-updates/

DavidH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Ferndale

Hi. My phone is says 1x not 4g. Husbands phone says 4g. Help. My zip is 34436.

0 Likes
cdchurch
Enthusiast - Level 3

The phone is running the latest SW/baseband version - G935VVRU2APB5.

Chuck

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ferndale, let’s get you back to where you belong. What make/model phone do you have? When did you start seeing the 1X signal?

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Ferndale

I have the LG g4. It started with the last update, April 3.

0 Likes
cdchurch
Enthusiast - Level 3

That does appear to be the correct version right?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Samsung still has to integrate the security patches into the software and have it certified before releasing it to the phones.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
cdchurch
Enthusiast - Level 3

How long should that take?  According to this URL:

http://security.samsungmobile.com/smrupdate.html

it seems that Samsung has incorporated these Google patches and it's own on a monthly basis, yet nothing on my phone in 2.5 months.  Apple seems to be able to fix things in days.  Not months.  This isn't really an improvement.

Chuck

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

No one on this community forum knows when update are released.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes