Screen rotation issues on s7
ArtistMom_74

Anyone else having problems with screen rotation on their Galaxy s7 since latest update? Doesn't matter that I have the screen lock button turned off...it still won't rotate. And it happens across multiple apps...internet, Waze, Youtube, etc... Also happening on my husband's Galaxy s7. It's very frustrating!!

0 Likes
Re: Screen rotation issues on s7
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ArtistMom*74-

This is certainly not an experience we want you to be having with your Samsung Galaxy S7. I would feel the same if my screen was not rotating. Rest assured, help is on the way.

Let's check to ensure that the Portrait Mode wasn't turned on and that it's still set to rotate:  http://vz.to/2q63sOk.

The other step you can try after this is putting the phone in safe mode. If it works in Safe mode this means you may have an incompatible app on the phone or apps that need to be updated: http://vz.to/2pRzGg4.

Keep us posted!

EricaC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
svasquez831

I've had this issue since android 7.0 1st update ive tried the safe mode and doesn't work the only thing that works is clearing partition cache.

0 Likes
ALMOSTACOWGIRL

Yeah, I have the same problem and I have tried and waited patiently for it to work again. Ever since this last update, it has been super laggy and there is no longer the option to auto rotate the screen. There is NO auto rotate icon anywhere. I've looked in the drop down menu in the quick access and tried to see if maybe it just needed to be added again, but nope. *PoOf* it's gone! It's super frustrating when I'me trying to watch a video or anything. This is ridiculous that it's just GONE! I have looked E.V.E.R.Y.W.H.E.R.E. and nothing. I have tried rebooting, I've tried turning it off for a long time, and nothing.

FIX THIS!!!!!!

0 Likes
ALMOSTACOWGIRL

I forgot to mention that SAFE MODE does nothing to resolve it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ALMOSTACOWGIRL,

There's nothing more in the world we want then for your device display to be capable of auto-rotation. Unfortunately, while we ensure updates will be stable with the network, we do not create them so at times we may need to rely on the manufacturer and developer for the fixes you seek. For now we can certainly continue with troubleshooting. Are you aware if you have the device on "High performance" mode? Please check by going into Settings and Performance Mode. If so, try adjusting the mode and see if the auto-rotate option populates again. A soft reset (power off and on) may be necessary in between these changes as well. Keep us posted with your results!

AdamG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Grenex

I had the same issue and fixed it by Changung the performance mode setting to different options until the portrait option showed again in the quick settings menu.  I turned it back to auto rotate and then changed performance mode back to its original setting.

0 Likes