Screen goes black when I go to touch 1 on the keypad
kindascratchy

Every time I go to touch the 1 on the phone keypad when entering my voicemail passcode, the screen goes black a split second before I actually touch the screen (it's very irritating). It only happens when accessing voicemail. I have the Galaxy S4 Mini. Does this happen to anyone else? If so, is there a fix?

0 Likes
Re: Screen goes black when I go to touch 1 on the keypad
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kindascratchy

Sorry to hear about the unexpected screen timeout! Let's get this resolved. If you call voicemail on speakerphone, does the screen stay lit? How long thas this been going on?

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
kindascratchy

Thanks for the quick reply. It really doesn't seem like a timeout. The screen goes black momentarily just as my finger is approaching the 1 key. When I pull it away, the screen comes back on again. I tried your suggestion about speakerphone and, interestingly, it does not do it when the phone is on speaker.

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

I know this does not fix the root cause of your problem, but for a work around you could just simply change your pass code with no numeral 1.

0 Likes
kindascratchy

Thanks for the suggestion, Klue. That's definitely a viable workaround and I may have to go that route. It's a bizarre problem, though, and I'd love to know what causes it. It's bizarre because it's not when I touch the screen, only when my finger is approaching the screen. I wonder if it has anything to do with the feature of the phone that detects when you're looking at the screen. But, if so, why only with the 1 and not other numbers or letters?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's figure this out, kindascratchy!

It sounds like something may be going on with your proximity sensor. Please try placing your finger in the same spot on the screen that the 1 is when you enter your passcode. Try this when in other screens, or doing other things. Keep in mind that the keypad may be in a slightly different place on screen when entering in information while on a call than it is when dialing.

Thanks,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes