Screen draining battery
kgaff

After the Marshmallow update the screen is draining 50% of my battery. This is completely unacceptable. How do I fix it? Or do I have to wait another 6 months for Verizon to bother addressing it?

0 Likes
Re: Screen draining battery
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kgaff, having a long last battery life is curcial. Let’s look more into this. How fast does the battery drain? Currently, how often do you use your device?
ZangY_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Screen draining battery
HighDesert
Contributor - Level 2

kgaff wrote:

After the Marshmallow update the screen is draining 50% of my battery....

Do you mean that 50% of the battery usage is by the screen -- as in the "29%" shown on my phone in the attached screenshot?  Spending a long session doing stuff on the phone -- actively doing stuff on the screen -- will make the screen the biggest user of the battery.  That doesn't necessarily mean that the battery is being depleted unusually rapidly.

Or do you mean that the battery is being depleted faster than before Marshmallow? 

Are you sure that it's not just because you're using the phone more than usual, because you're checking out the new Marshmallow features and characteristics, and that active use -- which uses the screen -- is causing a faster drain of the battery?

FWIW, my battery is not draining faster on Marshmallow, even though the screen is the biggest battery user -- as usual.

Screenshot_20160403-232317.png

0 Likes