Screen display during a call - Samsung S9
DECKMATES

How do I get my Samsung S9 screen to stay on during a phone call?

0 Likes
Re: Screen display during a call - Samsung S9
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DECKMATES, it is definitely useful to have the display staying awake during a phone call. The device is designed to automatically detect when it is being held against your ear in order to conserve battery and not be interfered with during the call.

However, while using speakerphone, you can keep the display awake in order to interact with the screen while still on a call. Your screen has a default setting to time out after 30 seconds of inactivity. You can customize this to timeout after 1, 2, 5 or 10 minutes by going to Settings > Display > Screen timeout and selecting what time works best for you. Does this help? 

Colin H_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

settings/display/time out....never

fsparv
Enthusiast - Level 1

@VerizonWielessCustomerSupport

This recommendation does not work for me. I typically the headphones plugged in and the phone resting on my keyboard tray while in a conference call. It shuts of in 30 seconds regardless of the setting you mention, this makes it VERY hard to manage the mute function. My case is a S9 Note, but I suspect it's the same problem. This worked fine with my S7 edge from AT&T

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

FSPARV, we are sorry to hear this option did not work for your needs. The S9 will not have an option for always on screen display. However, the phone does come with an option for the screensaver to turn on any time it is charging by going to the Settings, Display, Screensaver. While this does not provide the call screen, it does provide the lit up screensaver. We hope this is beneficial.

Loren_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mdricko
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is unacceptable to be honest. If this is still the case that you can't keep the screen on during conference calls and have to push the side button everytime you need to unmute to speak, i won't be looking at Samsung in the future. This is not a hard situation to forsee and Samsung not caring when people complain shows very poorly on Samsung.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mdricko, I understand your frustration and apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. Reviewing the details for the S9 the screen timeout time would be the only workaround on keeping your screen lit during a conference call. I will submit feedback to Samsung about this matter. We do appreciate your patience with us in this matter. 

0 Likes