Saving music to Samsung Galaxy SIII
soccercoach1959
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi all - I just switched phones to an SIII and have attempted to save music to the phone (stuff I've downloaded previously - haven't attempted this by connecting to a computer yet).  I've downloaded 1 or two things, but cannot seem to find where they saved.  Any hints?  Also, how easy/difficult would it be to save already downloaded music from my laptop - do I need any apps, etc?

Thanks for the help.

Tags (4)
0 Likes
Re: Saving music to Samsung Galaxy SIII
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

How did you download these files? You should have an app called "My Files" that will allow you to explore the contents of the device. Often files will be saved in the "download" folder on the internal memory. There could be a similar folder on the SD card you installed in the device.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Saving music to Samsung Galaxy SIII
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

You don't NEED an app (though one like AirDroid can make it easier), you can just connect via USB and put your phone in the proper mode (MTP I think) and do the transfer.  The one exception is if your music is in iTunes, you may need to use an iTunes syncing app.

0 Likes
Re: Saving music to Samsung Galaxy SIII
steampunk_cowboy
Enthusiast - Level 3

My advice on downloading music to your smartphone or tablet is to be careful of the source/supplier and to read (thoroughly) all provisions & restrictions applied. Vcast Music and Google Music both limit the number of times that you can download the same selection (usually 2 or 3 times); then, it's removed from their online archive--even though, you paid for it. Google allows (your) music to be temporarily cached on your device, but don't try looking for it as it's invisibly embedded in their Play Music app. And another thing, Google's music player has access to all of your on-device music, but other (and better) music players don't have access to theirs. My recommendation is, if you want to buy music without those above mentioned restrictions, is to use Amazonmp3 app. Then, there's the so-called 'free' music using mp3 download apps and mp4/mp3 converters for video music on YouTube: but be careful, as some free mp3s are buggy & possible virus carriers. Good luck.

0 Likes