Re: Samsung phones having GPS issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Johrael, we've sent you a private message to further address this GPS issue for both you and your wife. We look forward to hearing from you soon. Thank you. 

AlanS_VZW

Rachlp2205
Enthusiast - Level 1

yes I am

0 Likes
Rachlp2205
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm also having the issues. I depend on my phone Daily.

IHaveNoIdeaWhatImDoin
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've been having the EXACT same situation. I've replaced my phone 2 times and EACH TIME I try to resolve the issue the rep w wants me to do their basic troubleshooting. And I somehow always get sent to the digital assistant, which is absolutely worthless for this situation.  They can transfer you to other departments (and not tell you or have anything that tells you what's going on), but not to managers. It's the wild west of customer support. No accountability, no way to get past the "gate keepers".  I went to a store and the GM gave me a phone number (1-800-392-0717) and said it was to an advanced customer service group.  IT TOOK ME TO A DIGITAL ASSISTANT.  I went back and questioned him on it and after he told me "I have to many customers to help and it's to close to closing time. I don't have a technical support and I have no way of helping you".  He threatened to call the cops when I refused to believe he had no easy off helping me.  So, he doesn't have any phone numbers to anyone at Verizon that can help, or anyone he can call to ask for help???  Alls Verizon has been willing to do for 6 months is the basics. This has been going on since January for me. 

My GPS freezes at (seemingly) random points during my day while I drive Lyft to earn a living.  I've passed customers locations by over a mile because of it.  Everything else still works in the navigation app....except the navigation when this happens. I have a GPS monitoring app that shows the GPS services is not receiving data.  I paid over $1000 for a phone that's only lasted 2 years?!! That's a terrible return on investment! And there's no options. Either deal with it because VW customer service has gone down the toilet, or switch to a service that doesn't perform as well in the mountains of Colorado.

I want answers. I want accountability

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having issues with the GPS on your device is no good. I rely on it regularly, though not as much as some who need it to work properly for their job. After extensive research, this appears to be a problem with the motherboard on some Samsung devices. I found a thread on Samsung's community forums discussing this very issue and how to have it addressed.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Note8/GPS-stopped-working-on-Note-8/m-p/447669#M657

NoahS_VZW

IHaveNoIdeaWhatImDoin
Enthusiast - Level 1

This isn't the same issue.  That's if the GPS completely stops working.  Mine is intermittent.  It happens (seemingly) randomly and turning the location settings resets it.  I called and made a major complaint and was told Tier 2 support is working it.  If this is a phone build issue, Verizon needs to authorize a replacement to a different phone.    

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We can proceed with troubleshooting through here.

To authenticate your account please review the following and then click the link after "Authenticate here":

If you use Messenger or Direct Message to chat with Verizon, your questions and our responses may include info about your account, including Customer Proprietary Network Information (“CPNI”), which is visible to Facebook/Twitter and may be used for their own purposes per their privacy policies (www.facebook.com/about/privacy / www.twitter.com/privacy).

CPNI is info available to Verizon solely by virtue of our relationship with you that relates to the type, quantity, destination, technical configuration, location, and amount of use of the telecommunications and interconnected VoIP services you purchase from us, and related billing info.

Verizon protects your info and does not share info that identifies you personally outside of Verizon except with your consent and as otherwise disclosed in our privacy policy. Your choice here does not affect your Verizon services. To learn more, visit our information collection and privacy policy at verizon.com/privacy.

By clicking the link to continue, you agree to allow us to share your info, including CPNI, in Messenger and Direct Message. To stop sharing info including CPNI, stop using Messenger and Direct Message to chat with us. Contact Facebook and Twitter about your rights, if any, to delete info that was previously shared.

Authenticate here:

KerryC_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
0 Likes
Whilla
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've been having the same issue since March,  there are several threads on reddit confirming this is wide spread.

mehale
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am on chat with Verizon right now. This is ridiculous.  They say it is not a known issue and they deal with a lot of customers.  Has anyone figured this out yet? This has been very dangerous and concerning to me.  

0 Likes