Samsung galaxy s9+ security updates???
BLACKC301
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why is my brand new samsung galaxy s9+ still on February security updates? When it is now June!!

Re: Samsung galaxy s9+ security updates???
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Did you try and go to settings-system updates? I knew they were behind on security updates but I did not realize the S9 were that far behind

BLACKC301
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes I check it daily! Still stuck on February security  When other Samsung phones like S7 and s8 are on I believe at least April

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks kathy65793 for trying to help. Hello BLACKC301 we always want your device to have the latest updates. What software version are you on? Are you having any problems with your device? To check your software go to Settings>System Updates> System Update History

JoeL_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
BLACKC301
Enthusiast - Level 2

No problems with device. Just very disappointed when other carriers are pushing out security patches and Verizon is still stuck 4 months behind  603) 757-3524

BLACKC301
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am on the February security patch!

joey2007ua64
Contributor - Level 3

BLACKC301 wrote:

No problems with device. Just very disappointed when other carriers are pushing out security patches and Verizon is still stuck 4 months behind 603) 757-3524

Which carriers?

The At&t model is on the same patch as the Verizon model.

https://www.att.com/devicehowto/tutorial.html#!/stepbystep/id/stepbystep_KM1253489?make=Samsung&mode...

T Mobile pushed one update on April 13 and then pulled the update on April 14.

Software updates: Samsung Galaxy S9 | T-Mobile Support

forceupdatesnow.png

I don't see a software update history page on Sprint's website, but one of their forum admins posted this.

Regarding the Samsung S9 Update...See, What Had Happened Was...

The carrier independent model is updated directly by Samsung, and its owners are also complaining about lack of updates in their forum.

US Unlocked Galaxy S9+ : Security Update Concern - Page 2 - Samsung Community - 315740

unlocked.png

teeshot
Contributor - Level 1

Just got update to my Verizon S9+. Showing Build G965USQU2ARE6 with Android Security Patch Level May 1, 2018. 

TheS1R
Contributor - Level 2

Yes, on the same day that Samsung releases SMR-JUN-2018 (aka Android Security Patch Level June 1, 2018). Just gotta love it!

TheS1R
Contributor - Level 2

Now when will Android 8.1/8.1.1 be released?!?