Re: Samsung delivers official statement regarding Galaxy S3′s Android 4.3 update issues
Tidbits
Legend

That folds back into my point. The people who know this is all Samsung through and through. There is no magic fix that Verizon or any carrier around the world can do to fix it. Changing your device isn't going to fix the software problem samsung introduced.

Long before 4.3 update I already made up my mind that Samsung support is terrible for their own software. The only reason why I have Samsung devices is because my work gets them for me. Samsung is nothing but another type of marketing giant.

Re: Samsung delivers official statement regarding Galaxy S3′s Android 4.3 update issues
katalinagirl
Enthusiast - Level 3

The fact here though is that in the previous firmware version there were not serious problems like this and so replacing your phone with one that has that original firmware version on it, this in the interim of them coming up with a solution/fix in the coming months,well, you'd be far better off than with a phone that in many ways is deemed useless.  Some of the reports I've read here and elsewhere the damage is fierce and the phone is useless much of the time.  I have seen that Verizon is sending out replacement phones but, can only account for having read that in a couple of posts and those folks probably had insurance and their phone was still yet under warranty quite possibly.  Who knows the truth of those mentions.... my solution is not for everyone in what I'm doing in an attempt to fix mine today... My phone will either be further damaged or it will be a success.  Will know in the coming hours after the attempted overhaul to a later OS is completed.

Tidbits
Legend

You have to void your warranty and you can downgrade(All versions).  I know of people who have already done so on various carriers in the US, and also some people overseas. 

katalinagirl
Enthusiast - Level 3

>> Post removed; discussion of rooting/hacking devices is prohibited on this forum.  Please review the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

bulldozzer

>> Post removed; discussion of rooting/hacking devices is prohibited on this forum.  Please review the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

0 Likes
bulldozzer

0 Likes
Rayo
Enthusiast - Level 3

Agreed. Thanks for the warning about rooting. Guess I will disengage my

"smart" phone, and just use the dumb one until the contract is up.

0 Likes
katalinagirl
Enthusiast - Level 3

0 Likes
katalinagirl
Enthusiast - Level 3

Now if only Verizon would compile this update of the previous 4.1 kernel & OS and push it out to all of those phones in which they've impacted by their faulty install of Jelly Bean 4.3, it would be a complete success and an excellent Customer Service response to such a poor situation... Verizon is in the drivers seat here with complete authority as well as the capabilities in which to make this happen and for all of these customers impacted by this......

Skyking711
Enthusiast - Level 3

>> Post removed for discussion of moderation and continued discussion of rooting/hacking; please review the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

0 Likes