Re: Samsung delivers official statement regarding Galaxy S3′s Android 4.3 update issues
ProudPak
Enthusiast - Level 2

I went through the same exercise about a week back when I updated the phone. I do not use wifi on my cell phone so I can not tell if that is also effected. It has been a month and the only way I have found to work is keep closing the applications using task killer, keep my phone charged. Phone will freeze randomly and restart.

I have no choice but submit FCC complain regarding poor customer service and making customer's phone unavailable to function properly. I do not care is responsible., I need a SOLUTION.

Re: Samsung delivers official statement regarding Galaxy S3′s Android 4.3 update issues
fc34
Enthusiast - Level 1

I completely agree these companies have to take responsability for there wrong doing. They are making us their customers suffer the consequences.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Smartphone

neener413
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been watching these posts for a couple days now & they get crazier & crazier!  My husband & I both have this phone & we will continue to defer the update!  I can't believe that both companies are being so irresponsible. I posted a question about this to the Verizon Wireless fb page & I have no idea where the question went...into some black hole of fb & have receive of course...no reply.  Amazing that I had a problem with a bank...posted 1 time on their fb page & the problem was resolved with in 2 days!!  Verizon continues to disappoint!!   We both depend on our phones toooo much to have all of these problems.  Hopefully the phone will not automatically update itself, I think I may have read that some where within this thread. 

JWilli
Enthusiast - Level 1

I unfortunately updated my phone 2 days ago. Screen freezes during text input, awful battery life, and it will mount the microUSB drive for about 2 seconds before automatically dismounting it. Everything had been working fine. I wish there was someway to rollback to the previous version(4.1). I should have down a search on the update and I would have found out about all the issues people have been having for months. I can't believe that Verizon is still offering this update for download/installation.

elgiro
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is my first post and I just want to say I had most of the issues you guys are having my battery was just lasting 2 hours max to 5 hours without me even touching the phone. Internet freezes up..Chrome black screens...I have done a few thing I'm not sure if they are long term fix but so far they have help me a lot..

I have disable google now and numerous app and now I'm getting 20 hours of battery life with Moderate to Heavy use a day..This amazing even before the update I never got more than 12 hour of the phone..

Here is the list of app I Disable: most of these apps are junk except for google now

VZW Accerois

Amazon Kindle

Backup and Media

Caller Name Id

Flipboard

Google Playbooks and games and magazines and Tv

Samsung account

Samsung browser synacdapter

samsung calendar syncadpater

samsung cloud data delay

Sam cloug quota

sam link

samsung print service

samsung push service

samsung smemo synadapter

samsung syadapter

samsung updates

samsung video

samsung sans

talk back

verizon tones

vzw nagavitor

yahoo finance and news

and last google now I just disable within the app

for chrome and internet freezing up I clear the cache and internet history and I haven't gotten any more freezing so far..

I hope this help some of you guys once again this has work for me for the past 5 days not sure if this is going to be a long term fix...

boychik0830
Contributor - Level 1

I know worst update I have ever downloaded In my entre life. apps that were installed before the update crash, battery problems among other things

MySIII
Contributor - Level 2

Ok, so I had updated my old phone to 4.3 for a couple weeks. I really had no issues cept the one time I mentioned that I had unstable internet at a place I frequent, but only happened one time. Anyway, I had to get a new device about 2 weeks after I updated, it came with 4.1.2 and I HAVE NOT updated to 4.3. I don't want to take the chance until I read that there is a patch. However, I got up this morning, and the update downloaded, not installed just downloaded. Now the old phone I had, I had to do it manually thru settings and about phone and software update. When I woke the new phone up this morning it asked me to install the update.  The only options were to install or defer,  I deferred but it wouldn't let me completely cancel it. I have it deferred until 11:30 pm hoping it will ask me again, IS there a way (besides deferring every day) to get rid of this.?

0 Likes
RedRaspberry
Enthusiast - Level 3

MySIII wrote:

Ok, so I had updated my old phone to 4.3 for a couple weeks. I really had no issues cept the one time I mentioned that I had unstable internet at a place I frequent, but only happened one time. Anyway, I had to get a new device about 2 weeks after I updated, it came with 4.1.2 and I HAVE NOT updated to 4.3. I don't want to take the chance until I read that there is a patch. However, I got up this morning, and the update downloaded, not installed just downloaded. Now the old phone I had, I had to do it manually thru settings and about phone and software update. When I woke the new phone up this morning it asked me to install the update.  The only options were to install or defer,  I deferred but it wouldn't let me completely cancel it. I have it deferred until 11:30 pm hoping it will ask me again, IS there a way (besides deferring every day) to get rid of this.?

Did you try looking at the memory drive through a computer?  Maybe you can delete the pending upgrade.

0 Likes
MySIII
Contributor - Level 2

RedRaspberry wrote:

MySIII wrote:

Did you try looking at the memory drive through a computer?  Maybe you can delete the pending upgrade.

No, I looked thru all of the phones files thru "My Files" as well as all the downloads, could not find it anywhere there. Not sure bout looking through a computer. Seems like it has to be in the phone somewhere??   If it  "Downloaded" ??

0 Likes
RedRaspberry
Enthusiast - Level 3

LOL at this info from Verizon's FAQ pages.

1. If I have difficulty with an OS update, where can I go for troubleshooting information?

We recommend visiting the Verizon Wireless Community, where you can find help from other Verizon Wireless customers.

2. Can I revert to a previous OS version on my device?

OS updates are meant to improve the overall performance of your device,  and it’s recommended that you always install the most up-to-date  version. Because of this, we don’t offer a way to revert to an older OS  version.