Re: Samsung delivers official statement regarding Galaxy S3′s Android 4.3 update issues
Skyking711
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ravo ... See msg 315 ( a few above)

0 Likes
Re: Samsung delivers official statement regarding Galaxy S3′s Android 4.3 update issues
Rayo
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yep. They really do care about us, right? Remember this at renewal time.

0 Likes
Re: Samsung delivers official statement regarding Galaxy S3's Android 4.3 update issues
smimargie

I also am having these difficulties. Battery is not charging and no battery life.... we're talking minutes. It's currently on the charger, but is still draining while charging?  The only way I can get a charge is to turn the phone completely off and even then, after 8 hours, only had 50% charge. I have done a reset with no help, I have not had any problems with this phone at all until this update.  Is there a way to go back to the older version??  I used to love my Droid, but not so much anymore...

0 Likes
boychik0830
Contributor - Level 1

when will someone at Verizon get the clue to make a fix for 4.3 update for the s3 I guess it will never ever be fixed. Verizon has never fixed any problems with updates only made them worse. when will this much needed bug fix update come out hopefully soon.

0 Likes
Skyking711
Enthusiast - Level 3

First talk w/ Vrz. If they will not offer a fair solution then file a complaint here: https://esupport.fcc.gov/ccmsforms/form2000.action?form_type=2000B

If the above link is removed by the mod, just go to FCC.gov and file uner BIlling, Privacy and Service Quality Complaint.

Remember, you are the customer here... you are buying a contracted service.

Skyking711
Enthusiast - Level 3

How hard would it be for Vrz to reach out to its S3/4 customers w. an email about the situation, remedy and an apology? 

They have no problem contacting customers when there is a payment problem, contract renewal, up selling of many things... Blows me away they remain silent as a church mouse on this issue.... and make the customers burden themselves to get information.

Speaks volumes as to just how little the Co. cares for the contracted customer.

0 Likes
steve1811
Enthusiast - Level 3

Skyking:

Great Idea! - Thanks. I just submitted the FCC form for my Verizon Samsung Note 3 which suffers from the WIFI instability problem. In my case, turning off the Bluetooth was a temporary, but inconvenient, fix. However, I thought that the FCC (which regulates radio spectrum) would be interested in the potential RF interference issue.  Thanks again,

Steve

0 Likes
Ramjet79
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just thought I would update my status.

I received my replacement phone (even though I was out of warranty) from Verizon this past weekend. I wasn't able to get around to making the switch until yesterday, but I finally did.

Not sure why, since the update was when my problems with 4g service, heat, and battery issues began... but, the new phone is performing significantly better on the heat and battery issue. Like my previous phone did before the update.

I actually gave it a full charge last night, and left it unplugged over night. Since the update, my phone has been dying just from idling for several hours. But, the replacement phone was a champ. I went from 100% to only 96% over 7 hours or so last night in idle.

My phone hasn't been getting warm either like the other one was after the update.

The replacement phone is running 4.3 as well, but I'm not having heat or battery issues (so far) with it.

I still don't have great 4g service, which seems to have been a problem since the update. Historically, I have gotten excellent 4g coverage, but lately (on the old phone and the replacement) my 4g coverage is sub-par.

At any rate, the replacement seems to have resolved the worst of my problems (heat and battery life), so I am happy for that. I am also appreciative that Verizon volunteered to replace my out of warranty phone b/c the issues were the result of their software upgrade (which apparently does not impact all phones to the same extent).

Verizon is expensive, but I am appreciative of the customer service (once I jumped through the hoops and made more than one phone call to them).

Skyking711
Enthusiast - Level 3

Steve.

Just following others direction on this issue. Some are getting resolution on this matter w/ replacement phones, renewals, waivers... but they seem to be a one-off event and going to the squeaky wheel of sorts.

Posting this issue on social media and tech sites is a good idea but I believe the best bang for the buck is contacting the FCC  after you have exhausted all avenues with Vrz.

Seems that Vrz is dealing w/ this in a one-off manner and that might well be the best policy as I have no idea as to actual scale and severity of the issue.

We pay premium prices and are contract bound. This alone warrants aggressive action should the company chose not to accept responsibility and remedy accordingly.

Just my 2cts.

0 Likes
randrezzi
Enthusiast - Level 2

What I find funny, is that when Apple botches an update, it makes national news headlines (remember Apple Maps?).  In this case, only a small amount of blogs seems to be reporting the issue. 

As for the FCC complaints, they have to take them seriously or else they will be fined heavily.  As most of us have exhausted all other outlets - customer service via phone/online, going in store, social media, etc... no other option really available other than filing a complaint. 

I'm still kind of shocked they haven't sent an email to all customers at this point.  Here, I'll even write one for you:

Dear Valued Verizon Customer,

If you are a Samsung device owner, you may have noticed recent issues including excessive battery drain, wi-fi connectivity, and overall performance speed.  This is most likely the result of a recent upgrade to Android's 4.3 operating system. 

Verizon is aware of the problems and is diligently working with Samsung and Android to remedy.  Unfortunately, the updates must be made by Samsung/Android and they have not yet provided an ETA. 

We understand your frustration and will provide an update as soon as available.  To thank you for being a loyal customer, please look for a $xx.xx discount on your next statement.

Sincerely,

Verizon Wireless