Re: Samsung delivers official statement regarding Galaxy S3′s Android 4.3 update issues
aka-neo
Contributor - Level 1

I called last night and they refused to provide me with a new phone. My options were a refurb S3 or go to Verizon store and upgrade to the edge program. How in the world did you get a new phone? This at no cost to you correct?

0 Likes
Re: Samsung delivers official statement regarding Galaxy S3′s Android 4.3 update issues
jstrum
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had 3 replacements in less than a month---all crapped out from the

update---despite master reset, wipe data cache, etc.

It depends on the rep you get---the last one I got was very forthcoming

about the issue plaguing the device.

On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 3:24 PM, Rob DeStefano

steve1811
Enthusiast - Level 3

Beware - The Note 3 has the WIFI problem..

rudeguyy
Enthusiast - Level 3

The G4 forums have many of the same issues as the G3 when it comes to the 4.3 upgrade so I hope you picked the Razr

Steve91313
Enthusiast - Level 3

copied this article from Phone Reviews website. To read the entire article or to follow any of their links, go to their website. They are in the UK but mention US carriers. The article is dated today.

In the mean time, I've been in contact with "Android Central" and "CNET News" to see if they're aware. We need to get the word out.

Article text follows.

Galaxy S4, S3 Android 4.3 update problems rumble on

Under: Android OS, Phone Software

Date: January 16th, 2014

Towards the end of last year Samsung released some Android updates for a few of its flagship handsets that caused users a number of issues, which eventually saw the firmware pulled before resuming a few weeks later. Now despite the apparent fixes the Samsung Galaxy S4 and Galaxy S3 the Android 4.3 update problems rumble on.

The so called fixed Android 4.3 Jelly Bean updates for the Samsung Galaxy S4 and S3 have been available for a while now, and the update we have on our GT-I9300 unlocked version of the handset has been performing well.

It seems though that for many users of both the S3 and S4 are still experiencing a number of problems that includes a patchy Wi-Fi connection, high battery drain, phone freezing, and a crashing web browser among some of the issues being faced.

Many of our readers have commented about the problems with a number of them owning handsets on US carriers AT&T and Verizon Wireless. Many of the comments we are receiving have come in during the last day or two despite the promised fixes by the carriers and Samsung.

jstrum
Enthusiast - Level 2

Will look into both options.

I'm happy with my s3 other than this issue... Will let you know what happens

randrezzi
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just got off the phone with Verizon's "damage control" unit in response to the FCC complaint.  The person FINALLY admitted that yes, there is an issue with the update, but it's in Samsung/Android's hands.  No ETA yet (as some of the other posts have started stating as well)

She apologized for the canned customer support answers and agreed that the vendors (as they aren't directly VZW employees) are not always trained properly in situations like this. 

Because of the inconvenience I was offered to move my 2 year eligible upgrade to "now" and waive the $30 fee. 

I guess the first step in any problem is always "acceptance" so hopefully the pressure to fix it is now on. 

BirdOnTheBeach
Contributor - Level 1

How did you get them to give a new phone?  I am so frustrated.  I tried the "online chat" with a representative who too soooo long between my questions and her replies, that when I went to another window while waiting for her, she decided I had been gone too long, said she guessed I had what i needed, and she disconnected the chat.  It took her more than 10 minutes to answer a question.  I'm supposed to sit and stare at the screen all that time?

Anyway, besides having a lot of more trivial stuff messed up (contact images disappearing, ringtones all resetting to default,losing my on-screen shortcut to the google maps navigator, that kind of stuff) I am having a lot of trouble charging my phone.

This is a refurb that was sent to me after my first (and brand-new!) phone failed in the charging port.  I wasn't happy to be getting a re-furb after having had my brand-new (and immaculate) phone for only 4 months.

Now they want to blame the charging cables/batteries again, when I KNOW it is their update.  I have to take my battery out and put it in my little charging case (Samsung), where it will charge in less than two hours.  In the phone, I have it plugged in for 8 hours, and it has only gained 53%.  I plugged in at 7%, after 8 hours I am up to 60%. 

I've done the RAM clearing, and if I do that several times in an hour, it will come back and tell me "26 applications stopped".  Even if the phone has been idle the entire time!  What is going on?

I am in the position of having to swap batteries (I bought a replacement battery) twice in a day.  I used to get almost an entire day out of my battery, and that included surfing the Internet, playing some games, and texting.

Verizon Customer Service?  Where are you?  Where is the solution?  How can you continue to charge us so much money and yet our ability to access your service is limited by YOUR update?

Give ME a new phone, and NOT one with 4.3.

aka-neo
Contributor - Level 1

I posted this thread to phone reviews comment section. Awaiting approval. I also Tweeted the article to Verizon and Samsung Mobile.The word is out....there is an official 4.3 problem. Now, get us to 4.3.1 with a fix or 4.4 Kit Kat.

0 Likes
Rayo
Enthusiast - Level 3

duct tape for now, when contract expires, change manufacturer, and cell

phone service. Doesn't seem to be any other answer. Went to Verizon store,

told me I needed to do a factory reset-lost all my data, all my settings,

most of my apps, problem still persists. again, duct tape, unless or until

contract expires, then leave and never return.

0 Likes