Re: Samsung delivers official statement regarding Galaxy S3′s Android 4.3 update issues
Skyking711
Enthusiast - Level 3

My contract is with Vrz. They are responsible for this problem. They allowed this update to be pushed to their customers.

Regardless of who's to blame, Vrz has the responsibility to see that it is resolved.

If not, then Vrz should push a 4.1/2 update to correct problem until 4.3 is stable.

Re: Samsung delivers official statement regarding Galaxy S3′s Android 4.3 update issues
RedRaspberry
Enthusiast - Level 3

VzW needs to have a means to roll back software updates.  This is like Microsoft in the early Win 32 bit days.

rudeguyy
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon had to do something because I doubt Samsung pushed out an update that includes Verizon Cloud..also when I turn my phone on now a Verizon window appears that I never had before. I doubt Samsung would put that in there since the phones are used by many carriers. But like the prior person stated Verizon is who I pay every month to use the phone so they should deal with Samsung if there is a problem not the customer.

Perhaps I will only pay half my bill and when Verizon contacts me I will say I don't see anything wrong go ahead and bring it up with my bank.

rudeguyy
Enthusiast - Level 3

In the thread below a Verizon person actually admits there is an issue with the update and Samsung is working on a fix with no ETA

https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/814107

AsianAlan
Enthusiast - Level 2

If they're only providing you with a half functioning phone, why should you have to pay the full price?

I've paid for a top of the line (at the time) phone with WiFi and 4G.

- processes hang and there is lag in the interface

- My wifi connectivity is spotty, even when I'm sitting next to the router

- I have to reboot my phone when I leave work to have it connect to the network.

- My 4G loads web pages about as fast as my old 14.4kbps modem, and less reliably.

doesn't sound like I'm getting what i'm paying for.

aka-neo
Contributor - Level 1

Wow.......I'm shocked.....it's starting to come out as a confirmed issue by Verizon employees. It's about time.

0 Likes
RedRaspberry
Enthusiast - Level 3

Another bug is I have to have Mobile Data on to reach my voicemail through the icon.  I can reach it through the phone by dialing*86 with no mobile data on though.

When my phone is in use I cannot leave that screen.  I really don't know if it was always like that or not though.

0 Likes
jstrum
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was just on the phone with the rep from VZW and they offered me a new

phone since I have had 3 with the same issues...it took time, but my

problem is almost solved...

On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 2:45 PM, Rob DeStefano

0 Likes
aka-neo
Contributor - Level 1

A "new" phone?? Are you sure? Typically they are refurbished. Moreover, in either case if it has 4.3 on it your problems may not be over.

0 Likes
jstrum
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes...a choice of a Razr Max or a G4 (Samsung)

I heard the problems are not happening on G4 from my friends who updated

On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 3:18 PM, Rob DeStefano

0 Likes