Re: Samsung delivers official statement regarding Galaxy S3′s Android 4.3 update issues
Rayo
Enthusiast - Level 3

Part of the problem lies in the fact that the LED beacon fires off

indiscriminately, it could blind someone, or frighten someone,or bring down

an aircraft. What were they thinking????

0 Likes
Re: Samsung delivers official statement regarding Galaxy S3′s Android 4.3 update issues
ooofest
Enthusiast - Level 3

Have you looked at

Settings -> Accessibility -> Flash Notification

to see if that was checked?

0 Likes
Rayo
Enthusiast - Level 3

yes, I have, and it is not. Also, settings, block, blocked all

notifications. camera, flash off.

0 Likes
rosemorisoli
Enthusiast - Level 1

my light flashes when nothing is happening and when an alarm goes off or i

get a phone call . i was hopeful i could change it here. but it is

unchecked. it is disabled and it still does it. it's aliiiiive....

0 Likes
RedRaspberry
Enthusiast - Level 3

ooofest wrote:

Have you looked at

Settings -> Accessibility -> Flash Notification

to see if that was checked?

I don't have a flash notification area.  I did have the flash come on when the phone rang and when the timer alarm went off.  I did a reset on the phone and those issues went away.

0 Likes
RedRaspberry
Enthusiast - Level 3

brewer_rob wrote:

Yes, having Wi-Fi issues elsewhere as well. "Your Internet connection is unstable" appears with no additional information. Crappy.

I get that now too.

randrezzi
Enthusiast - Level 2

More updates:

1. Disabling "flash accessibility" doesn't stop phone flashing during alarm or phone call.  Not sure if it's another setting or not.  Either way, not intuitive.

2. Verizon Corporate called me regarding FCC complaint (someone posted the link here, not sure if anyone else filed one?)  Wasn't able to take the call, told them to call back.  Will let you know how that goes.  Anyone else do the same?

aka-neo
Contributor - Level 1

I filed a complaint with the FCC as well. Have not heard anything as of yet. I called Verizon again last night and the rep stated they are aware of the issue and are waiting for Samsung to come up with a fix. No ETA....no current solution to the problem. This rep actually admitted there is a flaw in 4.3. He was very nice but could not offer a solution. So in the meantime I use a phone that lasts me a few hours if I'm lucky when it used to last all day. Clearly unacceptable. I think there's some finger pointing going on between Verizon and Samsung. All I know is we (end users) are the ones suffering and still having to pay full price every month.

Skyking711
Enthusiast - Level 3

<<<I filed a complaint with the FCC as well. >>>

I would like to pursue this avenue also. Would you please post your complaint here so I (we) can copy and file similar complaints.

Thanks in advance

Tidbits
Legend

Samsung needs to fix their phones... Regardless of popular belief carriers do not touch any of the code. So if Samsung hasn't pushed out a fix then there is nothing carriers can do other than wait for Samsung to fix the problem. What you guys are complaining about is happening everywhere.