Re: Samsung delivers official statement regarding Galaxy S3′s Android 4.3 update issues
Skyking711
Enthusiast - Level 3

19h

Unfortunately, we do not have any information about a future update at this time. ^Ace

0 Likes
Re: Samsung delivers official statement regarding Galaxy S3′s Android 4.3 update issues
ooofest
Enthusiast - Level 3

I didn't realize that Samsung UK statement was a twit, honestly.  Regardless, it only seems to state that they are suspending 4.3 updates until the matter is looked into - that sounds different than not having any plans to update the update, IMHO.

0 Likes
ooofest
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is typical business-speak for not being able to offer a date, yet.  That is very different than saying they won't look into - and actually push out - fixes for problems arising from the 4.3 OTA.

0 Likes
GDogFast
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am replying to my own original post so anyone interested can read it.

I just got off the phone with Samsung Tech Support via the number given to me by the Verizon L2 Tech. I explained to her that I did not want the Android Jelly Bean 4.3 "Update" due to all the problems that a plethora of other users have been reporting. I told her that Verizon referred me to Samsung because they said the problems were not their fault due to the fact that they did not make the software or the phone and therefore did not know how to stop the notices from popping up on my phone. I asked her if she could help me to permanently decline the update and stop the notices. Well, she proceeded to inform me that while Samsung did make the hardware, the Firmware (software) was JOINTLY produced by Samsung & Verizon and was entirely owned by Verizon, just as I thought it was. Furthermore, she said Samsung has absolutely nothing to do with how it is delivered to the devices or whether it is a "mandatory" update or not. The delivery and usage requirements are 100% the responsibility of Verizon. Therefore, she could not tell me how to stop these update notices and told me that eventually I would be forced to install the "Update" whether I wanted to or not. REALLY Verizon??? You are going to FORCE that on me for a device that I am paying your ridiculously high fees for? REALLY??? Well let me tell you if that happens and if I have ANY trouble with my phone as a result of it (after I have gone to so much trouble to avert this), I will guarantee you I will do one of two things: I will either ROOT the phone and install the version of my choosing, OR (more likely) I will just cancel my 3-phone account and go to a different carrier. Some of them are even offering to pay the ETF. I know the other carriers don't have the coverage you do, but I don't travel outside my 25-mile radius very often anyway, so it won't matter that much. Customer care and service matters a lot more, I assure you.

I cannot tell you how incredibly angry this is making me, that I cannot choose whether I want to have this "upgrade" or not - especially an upgrade that is so widely known to be an indisputable ***!!! Who the H _ _ _ do you think you are, Verizon? My DADDY? I have paid you literally THOUSANDS & THOUSANDS of Dollars over the last 29 years I have had an account with you. And this is how you service a very loyal customer? I can clearly see that Customer Loyalty means very little to you, if not nothing at all. It is clear from the problems being reported that you pushing this "upgrade" on your customers has more to do with increasing your revenue than providing good service. I PROMISE you I will NOT stand for this. You either fix this (and QUICKLY) or I am gone. This is the most absurd fiasco I have ever heard of in my entire business career. If I treated my customers this way, I wouldn't have any!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!

>>Edited to comply with the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

katherineh

Since my phone updated yesterday, I cannot find any of my videos!!! 

0 Likes
steve1811
Enthusiast - Level 3

There are several other approaches folks might try:

1 - I just wrote the President/CEO of Samsung US about my similar Note 3 (Android 4.3) problems.

2 - Others might write to the NY Times or Engadget.

3 - If there are any legal brains among readers, there may be fodder to start a Class Action.

The Customer service folks and techs on the various carriers (this problem is larger than just Verizon) are probably just as frustrated as we are. We must aim higher to get action.

Steve

0 Likes
rosemorisoli
Enthusiast - Level 1

I tried to avoid the update but it wore me down. right away all ringtones changed. alarms all different. even one flashes the camera flash over and over. it does wake you. screen goes blank during call so you cant hit speaker phone or hang up or unlock. only comes back when they hang up. display changed to some micro style like dots for unlock got almost as small as the head of a pin. it's been a couple of days. each day I realize more things that are messed up. what do we do? can they give us a new phone cause their update broke it? also now it has band aids on it because camera randomly turns on and flash goes off.

Message was edited by: rose morisoli

Rayo
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well said! I concur.

0 Likes
aaronmolsen

Can anyone help me fix my phone from this update?

It was fine the first day and I charged it during the night. By the time I got to work in the morning it has plummeted to 12% battery (in 1 hour tops). It soon died so I borrowed a charger. It didn't fit in the phone well but did charge a bit. When I took if off that afternoon, my phone would not turn on, only do the short vibrate then nothing. I even tried safety restart. Once I got home I charged it and got it to turn on, but it would shut right back off, since it was at 0% (although since it was plugged in it should have stayed on). I let it sit for an hour then tried again, it brought up an error message saying I should not install the custom OS system and to restart. I did  that and it turned on and seemed to work fine, except for the fact that the battery still drains like crazy, even being plugged in! Ugh this is so frustrating, I have a 3s galaxy and I have tried the hard restart.

Thanks.

0 Likes
ooofest
Enthusiast - Level 3

The update may have checked ON:

Settings -> Accessibility -> Flash Notification

At least, I've seen this complaint many times from people writing about the 4.3 update.

0 Likes