Re: Samsung delivers official statement regarding Galaxy S3′s Android 4.3 update issues
Rayo
Enthusiast - Level 3

took me three days to get my settings (mostly) back. another to get my

ringtone. Now, the most annoying left over is really dangerous, and stupid

beyond belief: Damn thing keeps randomly firing off the led, blinding

anyone nearby. Could get me killed by a nervous cop, or blind my mates.

Absolutely stupid. I have "blocked" every feature, even telephone

notifications, and still the damn thing fires off, for no discernible

reason. Why the hell do they keep "fixing" unbroken stuff until it is

broken?

0 Likes
Re: Samsung delivers official statement regarding Galaxy S3′s Android 4.3 update issues
ExSpectator
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since the update I have experienced two new issues which I did not mention above. 

First, links to other web pages in my Chrome browser routinely stop working, severely handicapping my ability to use the internet on my phone.  It seems that I have to refresh web pages several times in order to get the links working - which of course also uses more data and counts against my data limit and also drains my battery. 

Second, I have started getting all kinds of weird sounds through my headphones.  This morning while I was listening to music, a calendar notification popped up which abruptly cut my music out and made this horrendously loud cracking/popping sound through my headphones that was almost deafening.  I have had this phone for over a year and routinely listen to music on my phone and that has never happened to me before. 

Verizon, what have you and Samsung done to my previously problem free Galaxy S3??  More importantly, what are you doing to fix all of these problems?  Can't you and Samsung let us roll back our phones to the previous version of Android? 

I used to love this phone and now it has all kinds of problems...   I am so disappointed with Verizon and Samsung that I am seriously thinking about switching to T-Mobile, who will pay my ETF, and getting a Nexus 5.

ooofest
Enthusiast - Level 3

That may be related to the

Settings -> Accessibility -> Flash Notification

checkbox being turned on for some people since the update.

0 Likes
Rayo
Enthusiast - Level 3

My guess is that they want to annoy you enough that you upgrade to another

phone. Their "responses" to the MANY complaints thus far indicates that

they do not give one big ol rat's whatever about customer service, and are

certain that, being locked into two year contracts, most folks will just

stumble through. mine has become a safety hazard, with the flashing beacon

going off at strange and unpredictable times. I am for rooting it, and

taking it on the road to ATT.

Skyking711
Enthusiast - Level 3

Samsung stated in a twit there was no plan on sending out any update to the update... So, IOW's live with it. Verizon has been less than concerned in finding a solution like downgrade option, etc... (Just love it when a billion dollar company w/ stated 'There's just nothing more we can do..."  Hell, there is always something else that can be done.

How about an opt out of ET fees for those negatively effecting by this screw up?   Holing on to customers w/ a golden handcuff via contract is jr league business and will come back to haunt those that do it.

Left w. few options, I visited Tee Mob ile today and got a great offer. Cheaper, better service, no contract and options for any ET fees.... Seems like they get it... Nex 5 looks sweet... and 1 click root too boot...

aka-neo
Contributor - Level 1

You've got to be kidding me!!? There are writing this off as a non-issue?? If that's the case, that will certainly change my plans for my next phone.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

SamsungUK which has no bearings in other markets... If Samsung had any real intention of withholding the update Samsung would have said something more official and through their global department.

Tidbits
Legend

If you are switching carriers be sure not to get Samsung devices. They are all on the same boat.

ooofest
Enthusiast - Level 3

Can you offer the source of this twit, please?  This is the first I've heard such a thing and the Verizon Support folks here have been offering that Samsung is aware of, and working, on how to help with these issues.  If they've gone to the effort of pushing out a 4.3 release, I don't see why they would suddenly drop it on the floor and not at least fix its bugs - that makes little sense to me.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

The very first post. Has a link with the source for the twit. It's from Samsung UK. Which they themselves pushed out the update anyway. Which also all respective regions pushed it out as well. If Samsung really had full intention of delaying the update. They'd use more than Samsung UK to do it.

0 Likes