Re: Samsung delivers official statement regarding Galaxy S3's Android 4.3 update issues
boychik0830
Contributor - Level 1

just worse battery life to a battery that was already bad. some previously installed apps before i did crashing unless I reinstall the ones that crash. sometimes I get app cannot be installed in default location. cannot view notifications from lock screen after I tap them when I unlock the phone after that. I may have other issues but those are the only ones I am aware of at the moment. why did you release this garbage update without doing more testing. I am not doing a reset because I do not want to loose data and other people say that does not help so I  do not want to take a chance. what can you do about this update not working.

Re: Samsung delivers official statement regarding Galaxy S3's Android 4.3 update issues
aka-neo
Contributor - Level 1

A Factory data reset will not resolve this issue. I've done it even though I didn't want to. I ran the phone in a factory "out of the box" state for days. No additional apps....nothing installed after reset. The issue with the battery was still present.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

betaflash, we want to get to the bottom of this before you go! We want to look at all options for you. Could you send me a private message so we can make sure you are ready to go on your trip? I want you to have a trouble free trip!

Look forward to hearing from you,

BrianP_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
bolto005

Lost many Contacts and Calendar events.

I synch regularly from Samsung Galaxy S3 to Google Contacts and Google Calendar. Updated to Android 4.3 on Jan 8, 2014.

Was having terrible lag time problems after update. Text messages would spin for minutes and sometimes fail. I couldn't install anything from Google Play Store. Was getting message "Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped" after using the device for some time.

Last night I finally resolved the lag time problem by deleting my primary Google account via Settings, restarting, and then adding the account back in. Can't remember the source for this solution but it's out there somewhere. I can post it separately if anyone interested.

Anyway, after applying this fix, everything was cool... text messages sending quickly and able to install from Google Play without problem. I was so happy.

This morning found many Contacts and Calendar events missing from my device. Found them also missing in Google Contacts and Google Calendar online. Working from Google.com...

Tried to restore Contacts since 29 days ago per:

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/1069522?hl=en

No luck.

Am missing *non-repeating* Calendar events since July 5, 2013 (i.e. repeating events are showing up-to-date).

Tried to view deleted events per:

http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!msg/calendar/tq47BJ4vpYg/zbN1b883bSoJ

No luck there either. The file shows that last 25 events are between May 6, 2013 and July 5, 2013.

Tried the Spanning app at:

http://spanning.com/products/free-tools/undelete-for-google-calendar

Still no luck. Only shows five deleted events from Jul 2011 to Nov 2012, and those five were supposed to be deleted.

Seems I've lost six months of my life.

Am hoping that somebody who recently updated to 4.3 has had same problem and found a solution. I haven't found anything on Google Support and have been searching for ten hours today.

0 Likes
BirdOnTheBeach
Contributor - Level 1

Software updates are to improve phone performance?

Since when is it an improvement to have apps disappear or rendered non-functional, contacts disappear, personalization disappear that may have taken hours to set up?

How is it an improvement to suddenly have all kinds of apps turned on in the background that suck battery life, whether the user wants them or not?  How is it an improvement to have someone stuff my phone with a bunch of apps I'm not interested in, do not want, and will never use?

I wouldn't let you in my house to re-set my thermostat, re-arrange or remove my furniture.  Why should you be able to come in and up-end everything in my phone? 

How are you going to fix this?  That is what I want to know.  It is now almost to the point of being worth the cost of getting out of this contract and going back to a flip-phone.  I'm really fed up.

bolto005

Per my previous post, this is what I did to fix the lag time problem on my S3 after the 4.3 update.

Fix for msg "Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped"

1. go to Settings -> Application manager -> ALL, find 'Google Services Framework' and select it - Clear data.

2. go to Settings -> Application manager -> press the Menu button -> select 'Reset app preferences'.

3. go to Settings -> Application manager -> ALL, find 'Downloads' and select it. If it is disabled then enable it (Turn on).

4. go to Settings -> Google -> select your primary Google account and 'Remove account'.

5. Restart the device.

6. go to Settings -> Add account -> select 'Google' and proceed to reenter info for the existing primary Google account.

7. Restart the device.

0 Likes
Re: Samsung delivers official statement regarding Galaxy S3′s Android 4.3 update issues
blackpearrl
Enthusiast - Level 2

Rob--

I agree with you to an extent, but I absolutely DO fault Verizon for moving ahead with the upgrade despite the fact that Samsung made this announcement nearly 2 months ago & here is still no patch.  What reason could there possibly be for forcing an update that they are fully aware is a lemon?  That's my problem with Verizon. 

Re: Samsung delivers official statement regarding Galaxy S3′s Android 4.3 update issues
nvrgvup43
Enthusiast - Level 1

pizzapablo:  I've seen those commercials too.  I think there are some restrictions as to who is eligible for the rebate.  I'll have to look into it.

I am so disappointed with Verizon.  I have stood by them when others were switching to cheaper carriers and I have stood by Samsung when everyone else was getting iphones because I love my GS3 (or I did when it was actually functional!).  I also have Verizon cable/FiOS so they get big bucks from me.  But now we are researching other carriers, phones and cable companies.  It's a shame that we can't all stand together and say "NO MORE"...and force them to fix the problem, update your phone to a newer model, or compensate with $$!  (and yes it has to be more than $10 which I believe someone earlier was offered by the wonderful and honest Verizon Customer Service...what an insult)  I also wonder if anyone has thought about a class action lawsuit??  I'm sure somewhere out there is a lawyer or 2 with a GS3 who just got the update "surprise"!!!!  Just a thought....

andyama
Enthusiast - Level 2

So to Verizon i say it is not our fault, the problem is not due to our use of the phone or software we downloaded from approved sources, it will not be fixed by constantly removing batteries, removing/reformatting sd cards, or worse your insistent recommendation to factory reset our device. thank you for offering some of us the opportunity to receive a refurbished phone to replace our well cared for not refurbished phone, i personally liked the offer from tech support C and his supervisor D of buying a new phone under the edge plan to replace my "almost bricked by your 4.3 upgrade push" that i like and worked great before 4.3. All we wanted was for you to realize we knew what was going on and for you to offer real options not canned responses, because we like having circular conversations where you tell us to shut this down reset that, erase the entire phone reload everything and spend the next day seeing if problems return when you know that the problems lie in the ROM the ROM that was corrupted by a really bad upgrade that only another upgrade will resolve, because FACTORY RESETS DO NOT TOUCH THE ROM. so now we sit a wait for our phones to approach some level of uselessness that will ultimately require us to get a new device so we can receive emergency return to work calls because some emergency has overwhelmed the er or the fire is to big for 3 companies or more police are needed or MY KID NEEDS HELP NOW NOT WHEN YOU GET AROUND TO FIXING THE PROBLEM YOU CREATED WITH MY PHONE THAT I AM STILL PAYING FOR. so i guess the solution to the problem is to roll back our upgrade to before 4.3 you don't offer this and i don't desire in any way to do it but i need a functional phone. BTW when your tech assist told me i didn't get insurance so you cant send me a great new refurbished phone i told you the Verizon dealer i bought didn't offer me asurion they offered protect cell and i took it, but again why am i paying for a replacement when your upgrade damaged my functional phone.HEY IF I CALL TECH ASSIST WILL THEY HELP ME ROOT MY PHONE BACK TO 4.1.2. thanks

RockstarRR
Enthusiast - Level 1

So finally I am getting answers to this battery problem after replacing the battery and chargers like they recommended.Verizon shame on you for leaving your customers stranded like this! We pay wayyy too much money for your services to receive this kind of crap! FIX the problem the right way don't make the customer pay for your mistakes!!!!